Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-19-11 5:20PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

James River Striped Bass Tournament 10-19

Myself, Joe, and Adam got an invite by a local fishing radio host to fish with a guy that needed a crew for the tournament.  We did the fishing while Bill and Billy took us to the spots in their 23' makraft.  I did not realize how close the marina was to my school, but it is only 15min max away.  We started off great hitting a marker, when I caught a shorty on the second cast that was 17".  Then we went to the James River Bridge, where Adam had a 19.75" and Joe got a 24".  After this it when to slack tide.  Then the tide never got moving again.  We hit the JR Bridge and another one (forgot the name) and a bunch of markers.  Never got a hit.  We were close to getting the small fish award, but only got in 3rd for that hahah.  The biggest fish was 34" which was one of 2 fish over the slot.  Most people seemed to have not that much luck.  It was  a great day.  They gave us a GREAT dinner and I went home with some fillets.  Next time we are going to enter in Adams boat because we knew of some spots we wish we could have hit.

Pics when I charge camera...

#2 Nov-20-11 2:38PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: James River Striped Bass Tournament 10-19

Sounds like a good outing.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-14-11 10:29AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: James River Striped Bass Tournament 10-19

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/033-1.jpg