Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-02-11 4:02PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Beaverdam 11/1

It was tough fishing.  I was just trying to find them really.  There didn't seem to be anything in the shallows.  In the deeper areas I was marking what I thought to be bait balls.  I trolled some crankbaits in the 15ft deep areas and manage to catch one average size (for Beaverdam) white perch on DD 7-9 silver shad Laser Lure.  Also lost what looked like a bass on a large minnow style crankbait that dives to medium depths.   I pretty much never use these lures and conditions seemed right.  These were the first fish on each lure.  I'll probably try again tomorrow.

#2 Nov-02-11 4:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Beaverdam 11/1

T. wrote:

I'll probably try again tomorrow.

Great day for it...I'll be downtown DC at an event most of the day. Good luck!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-02-11 5:35PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

T,

Were the white perch active out there? Wasn't sure if white perch were active and moving in the fall water temps.

#4 Nov-02-11 6:18PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Bass Hunter wrote:

T,

Were the white perch active out there? Wasn't sure if white perch were active and moving in the fall water temps.

Far from active like in the summer.  I think they are deeper now and will likely head to the dam end for winter.  Based on what I've been reading they like to overwinter at 40-60ft.  The res only goes to 40ft. 

I was hoping to get some more catfish bait for Saturday but I have plenty already.  I'm trying to get my step-bro or another friend to come along.

#5 Nov-02-11 6:22PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Thanks for the great feedback..I might go out there this weekend and jig by the dam. Comeonfish posted a video where he jigged at Beaverdam and had great success with bass, cats, and perch.

I just need to learn how to tie two jigs on a single line like he did and get some doubles.

#6 Nov-02-11 6:36PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

I found this video posted by comeonefish last year jigging beaverdam. I hope this technique works in the fall/winter there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWG5p2UQXE

#7 Nov-04-11 5:18PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

On Thursday after trying Cedar for a little bit without even finding fish I headed back to Beaverdam.   I headed to the south this time, once again trolling the laser lure and minnow crankbaits.  I started marking a bunch of fish so I made some casts with a silver buddy and hooked up with a white perch.   I paddled all over with no other action.  But on the way back a small LMB did find the minnow crankbait appealing.  Any day at Beaverdam without getting skunked is good especially in the cooler months.   Water temp was 55F at the surface.

Last edited by T. (Nov-04-11 5:18PM)

Board footer