Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-25-06 7:15PM

Ernie
Administrator

11-25-06, Chesapeake Bay Report

Every year since 2001, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we go on a Chesapeake Bay striper fishing trip. This year, we went out with Capt. Wayne Schuhart aboard the 46' Tricia Ann. Our mate was Capt. Jeff Hammett and I served as 3rd mate.

We left Capt. Eddie Davis' dock at 0630 and made a 20 mile run to Virginia bay waters. Before we had all the lines out, we got a hit and Chris Campo got to reel the fish in. it was Chris' 1st big fish and it was a nice 36" striper.

Next up was Jon Rojas and he got a hit on the short line. In less than a minute, Jon had landed a 35" striper.

We then noticed that one of the lines was looking funny and after further inspection, Jeff Hammett landed a 23" striper that hit a lure that was 12" in length! Go figure!

Then another rod goes down and Dan Lord fights and nets a beautiful (and fat) 38 incher, this was his biggest striper to date.

Next up is John Campo and he horsed a nice 35" fish which was netted by Dan Lord.

All of this happened before 10:30 AM! We then had a 30 minute lull when one of the rods (way back) went down. I got to bring this one in and for a while, I thought I had two on. It turned out to be one very fat 40" striper which gave me a very good fight.

The fishing shut down and we headed back to Smith Creek with seven fish. The totals were

1- 23"
1- 32"
2- 35"
1- 36"
1- 38"
1- 40"

It was a spectacular day on the water and our thanks to Capt. Wayne for a great day!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer