Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-23-11 10:01AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Occoquan 10/23

Got launched by sunrise and headed upstream.  There was one guy up there in a canoe w/motor.  He said to come over his way, this is as he is landing a 3lb largemouth.  At that point he had also caught 9 stripers.  I caught a few myself until a guy in a boat came up the other side and parked it right where we had been casting, this despite letting him know and inviting him over our way in order to not spook the fish.  There was less activity after that but eventually I caught my third and final, and largest at 17".  The first two were on a rattletrap, the last a white spinnerbait.  They were not interest in a swimbait, bucktail or the choopa thing Paul gave to a few of us.

Then I switched to catfishing.  It didn't take long for one to find my white perch.   It was a 6lber that drug me around a little bit.  Then I used the liver from the 17lb cat I caught here earlier this year.   The bait was taken hard and it was an 11lb cat.  My last cat was 9lb, caught on perch too.  With my last perch I had one running with it for a bit, but when I decided to set the hook it ripped right out of the perch without hooking the cat so that was it for the day.

Unfortunately I left my camera on the kitchen counter so no pics.  sad

#2 Oct-23-11 10:08AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Occoquan 10/23

Good job!!

Was that the same knucklehead that insisted on running right up the seam when you, me and John went this spring?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-23-11 10:17AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Occoquan 10/23

Pacemaker wrote:

Good job!!

Was that the same knucklehead that insisted on running right up the seam when you, me and John went this spring?

Possibly, seemed like the same sort of boat.

Board footer