Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-25-11 3:30PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

TKAA tourney, HRBT, CNU club tourney and 6 hours of sleep 9-24/25

Pics to come when I can get my new camera figured out after homework...

Did the TKAA Kayak charity tournament which was a lot of fun and for a great cause!  The night before was the captains meeting and I won a bag of bombshell turtles, which seem really cool and I will let you know how they work.  I woke up at 4 am and 3 hours of sleep (tried to get 4 after loading up, but was to excited) to load up and head to the part of the chick that was in the 50mile radius.  I had a lot of trouble finding fish at any of my spots.  I did not think my almost 15" little bass would do anything.  I ended up winning 2nd place (which I did not learn for sure until the next morning when I woke up to a text.)  I will be getting either a US Rack system for my truck or yak attacks product line, which is awesome thanks to these sponsors.  It was nice fishing and talking to a lot of fellow yakers.  After a great meal, raffles, and awards to the HRBT I headed.

I headed to the HRBT around 9ish with Redfish12 and some of his maryland yakers, the yakattack guy, and some TKAA folks.  It was calm out, but man that current turned me in all sorts of directions once we got to the bridge as I think the tide was switching.  Paddled up and down the lightlines looking for stripers, but I could not see any. The blues were EVERYWHERE busting the surface.  I would have flounder or croaker fished, but I only had bass gear on my yak (was using flukes for the stripers).  Ended up getting home at 2am very tired.

Woke up sunday morning for the first CNU club tournament at 5 am to get the tournament ready tired as all get out after once again 3 hours of sleep.  We all rented jon boats as you cannot use your own boat at Lake Maury.  The tournament started at 7 and ended at 2.  It was a team tournament.  The winning team found an old road that produced 17lbs of fish!  Including tow 4+lb bass.  I caught one that was 3lbs off a laydown.  I also had one other little one.  My partner had one fish that was also small. These were are only bites all day except for his crappie.  We ended in 3rd of 8 teams, with a sad bag of 5lbs.  2nd had 6lbs.  Fishing was tough for everyone except first place, although only one team culled and one team had limit of a total of a SINGLE POUND!  Great tournament, cant wait for the next one on the Chick!

It was a great weekend of fishing that I am happy I got to do even though I am now very tired and have homework to do!

#2 Sep-25-11 4:00PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: TKAA tourney, HRBT, CNU club tourney and 6 hours of sleep 9-24/25

Well, I should have pulled an all nighter.  Just heard the stripers started hitting around 2 30 am.

#3 Sep-25-11 4:26PM

Ernie
Administrator

Congrats on the 2nd and 3rd place finishishes....now go to sleep!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Sep-27-11 8:15PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Man I don't know how you fished on Sunday! I was beat! Granted... I got of the water as the sun was coming up. The rock showed up for the incoming but I kept fishing for flounder. I caught a bunch of shorter flounder and missed quite a few, but the worst thing was that I forgot my net and lost three large fish boat side trying to lift them up by my braided line. I was too tired to tie on another leader and my other one got wrapped up by a huge eel and I had to just cut the whole thing. Finally after loosing a few more solid bites/fights with out seeing the fish I got my keeper in the boat, 24". Cut my buttersoft fingers that were still soaked from fishing the first island all morning, but it was worth it!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3siZwzFLBtc/ToDN_ygvr3I/AAAAAAAAE2E/qMrpNK2guKg/s800/photo%2525204.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DzVfAuXUMZo/ToDN_fSUCXI/AAAAAAAAE18/FqTJmwV3eKQ/s800/photo%2525202.JPG

Definitely a fun event that I'll be back to next year!

Last edited by Redfish12 (Sep-27-11 8:18PM)

#5 Sep-27-11 8:16PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Actually... I may go back this weekend!

#6 Sep-28-11 4:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

24" flattie? Nice!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Sep-28-11 5:40AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice job guys, sounds like it was a great weekend! I'll be heading down that way in a few weeks.

tight lines

#8 Sep-28-11 12:53PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

It was definitely a lot of fun. Crossed off first island of the cbbt and keeper flattie! Next time I'm bringing the net!

Are you busy this weekend Charlie?

#9 Sep-29-11 4:38PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I am not busy during the day sat or sunday.  However I cant do the lightline, because I am busy at night.  I will be hitting it next weekend though and the week leading up...

#10 Sep-29-11 10:07PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

We're hitting the Back river in the morning if you want to come. Not sure which ramp we're using but we're hoping to find some specs and flounder. Give me call tomorrow if you want.

#11 Sep-30-11 5:36AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I got a new phone a couple weeks ago and do not have your number anymore.  If you can shoot me a text I can give you a call this afternoon.  I am definitely interested in back river.  I have a stretch that is great to drift! 

And I usually launch at messic, but there is a launch on the other side..

#12 Sep-30-11 5:06PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Here are a few of the photos I was able to get.  Ive been really bad about taking pictures lately.  Needs to change.

Winner- found a good spot.  Old road running across lake.  17+lb bag.
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/087.jpg

The weigh in
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/086-1.jpg

My nice one (not great, but with a few more smalls got me 3rd of like 8 teams I think
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/048.jpg

Couple other guys that wanted pics
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/073-1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/057-1.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm266/redskinsfan360/085.jpg

#13 Sep-30-11 5:32PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Nice shots! Wind machine is on tonight, driving down in the morning. Call me before you leave your house. Joe wants to launch from the other side so he can hit the tackle shop and it's closer to HRBT which would be our second destination.

Board footer