Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-14-11 5:22AM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

NHBA Potomac River 8/13

I finally did my first bass tournament yesterday, with NHBA.  I had the great pleasure of fishing with Charlie.  Unfortunately the fishing was slow for most of us.  We focused on creeks at Mason Neck and the river grass.  Charlie landed four or five but only two were keepers and I was catching the wrong species.  My first fish was a dink bass on senko on the way up a creek.  On the way out I caught a 3-4lb cat on a bitsy minnow.  Up another creek the only fish to be found was a white perch. 

We went back out the grass once the tide started moving out better.  That's where Charlie caught the larger of his two keepers on a senko.  So then we tried a third creek where he was catching them on a "Charlie worm". On the way out of the creek I decided to put on a swim bait since it was similar to the bait fish I was seeing.  That caught me a 22" blue cat.  Then a few minutes later near the mouth of the creek I hooked up again I figured it was another cat because it was pretty big.  It was actually a 3.8lb largemouth, my only keeper.

It was a wet ride back too.  The weather guessers were all kinds of wrong.  The wind was too much to hold position so we headed back.  It was getting really choppy and we got airborne a few times, and then the rain started.  Eventually we got to an area protected from the wind and fished there for the final hour.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/274681/3.8nhba.JPG

#2 Sep-14-11 12:26PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: NHBA Potomac River 8/13

Somehow, I missed this post.

Good work on the keeper. Some folks think it's easy out there......

Fishing with Charlie is always a treat!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer