Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-19-11 2:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

Potonac River, 8-19-11

It has been a while since Bill O'Connor and I have fished together....shame on both of us! We were on the water at Pohick  0650 and immediately headed in the creek to search of a Potomac Pike. Of course, it was low tide and we could not go far but we did manage to see a few nice fish (LMB) but got no hits.

So we headed over to Douge Creek, making a few stops on the way....

To say that the bite was tough is an understatement. When I caught this guy (using a weightless worm), I barely felt anything and decided to set the hook!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/001-20.jpg

Glad I did!

Both Bill and I missed a few fish....rust was definitely in our bones but we are two old guys so what do you expect?

On into the creek we went as the tide was up but we found no love once inside. We fished it hard, always throwing something different but only had a few hits. So back to our original spot we went and I was able to catch another decent bass. There was no bite though, the line barely moved but I decided to set the hook and scored. I wonder how many we missed like this today?

It's now after 1 and we needed to stop fishing at 2 PM so I tried a few other spots to no avail. I decided to head back into Pohick and run up one of the creeks since the tide was still up. I was fretting because Bill had yet to catch a fish. We fished hard and just as I was ready to call it a day, I saw two bass come under the boat and over towards a tree. I told Bill to throw ahead of them and sure enough, precisely at 2 PM, Bill landed this guy!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/002-18.jpg

He weighed in over 6 pounds when I netted him but one we got all of the salad off of him, he was a pounder!

What a fishing!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-19-11 3:41PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Potonac River, 8-19-11

Ernie in the last picture I see a LGMouth..

Besides the one in his hand..

Look ever so carefull at the bank with the grass touching the water.. see the yellow leaves just above the grass.. right there..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer