Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-27-11 9:26AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Cedar and Pavilion Threads Pulled

All that "extra stuff" is now reduced to this thread.  Too many "guests" visiting those threads.......we don't need more poachers. 

I suggest:

1) Do not remove any more bass from Cedar this year.

2) If you do remove small bass (less than 10") from Pavilion, send me the number in an email and I will keep the tally in my spreadsheet.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 May-31-11 10:23AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Cedar and Pavilion Threads Pulled

I would suggest that we remember that "it is unlawful to have more than the daily creel limit of any fish in possession while afield or on the waters. The daily creel limit includes live possession of fish." There are some exeptions.

LMB- 5 a day
BG- 50 a day
Crappie- 25 a day

"Game fish" as defined by the Code of Virginia means and includes trout, all of the sunfish family (including largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass, rock bass, bream, bluegill and crappie), walleye, white bass, chain pickerel, muskellunge, northern pike, and striped bass.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-31-11 1:48PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

"Game fish" as defined by the Code of Virginia means and includes trout, all of the sunfish family (including largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, spotted bass, rock bass, bream, bluegill and crappie), walleye, white bass, chain pickerel, muskellunge, northern pike, and striped bass.

so what you are saying is that you are going to push for chain pickerel, muskellunge, northern pike, and striped bass to get stocked in pavillion smile ?

#4 Jun-01-11 10:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

NOVAhunter wrote:

so what you are saying is that you are going to push for chain pickerel, muskellunge, northern pike, and striped bass to get stocked in pavillion smile ?

Hmmmm.....pond specific Game Fish?

#5 Jun-02-11 8:25PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

i thought vgif regulations did not apply to private waters

#6 Jun-03-11 5:23AM

Ernie
Administrator

So here is the rule: Resident or non-resident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner's parents, resident or non-resident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish within the boundaries of their own lands and inland waters.

A person fishing their private pond, withing the boundary of their property would be exempt from the rules. The language is specific to very private, landowner property. I don't have a stake (deed) to any of the property of the Village thus, AV falls under the rules of VGIF.

#7 Jun-03-11 9:45PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

interesting. thanks for the clarification

Board footer