Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-11-08 7:39AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

The Spawn is Underway

This is my first post, but I hope to contribute more.

Everyday I walk my dog around Lake Ashburn (Pavilion Lake). Yesterday in the morning the fish had pulled up shallow in large schools. Hundreds of bass and bluegill have hit the shallow flats.

Today, I noticed about a dozen beds, with half of them being sat on. The fish are up, the water temperature is up, and hopefully the larger fish will be moving up. Most of the fish I saw were 1lb or smaller, but a couple of beds under development looked to be built by larger fish.

I'll be fishing the Potomac River this afternoon, but I am sure the fishing here will be great.

Tight lines!

Last edited by CozUF2001 (Apr-11-08 7:40AM)

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Apr-11-08 9:27AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: The Spawn is Underway

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the report. The Potomac hit the magic 60 degrees today.

smile

#3 Apr-12-08 11:43AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

what size spinnerbait are you using

#4 Apr-13-08 6:22AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Tough day on the Potomac. It was windy and we were on a "non-traditional" bass boat. My buddy has a nice 19ft Trophy boat, but it doesn't have a trolling motor. We often just anchor up and beat up a spot. Unfortunately, the only thing that got beat up was the back of our necks, arms, and legs!

The wind was howling and blowing us all over the place. I managed to land a nice 1lb Black Crappie and a nice 1lb 1oz White Crappie on the same KVD Sexy Shad Trap bait. Nothing else doing during the outgoing tide on Friday afternoon. We saw some water in the 60s, but no bass to report.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer