Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-06-10 9:42AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

12/4 Slow day

My truck said 24 degrees when I hopped in on saturday morning.  It was a pretty slow day. I had some action in the morning and just saw a single button buck in the afternoon around 445.

The morning started slow, big flurry of activity, then nothing.  Around 730 I see this streak of white tails running through the woods. It must have been close to 12 or so of them. I'm not sure what spooked them, but they were moving with a purpose. Then about 10 minutes later they came moving back in, hung around for a while then took back off. They reminded me of watching a small school of menhaden swim around.

I counted 7 in this picture... I don't know what had them jumpy, I never saw anything like a dog giving chase.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5006/5238677222_b78d78cb5d_z.jpg

After they cleared out I had a fork horn decided to take a nap next to a log. Notice the lone straggling doe off to the left.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5238677044_19e82a1c6f_z.jpg

I didn't notice him or that doe leave since these two showed up and the fawn decided it was nap time.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5047/5238676178_718c8cdf1a_z.jpg

And that was pretty much it. The afternoon was sloooow. I only saw 2 squirrels and the button buck at dark.

#2 Dec-06-10 1:47PM

RobVT3

Re: 12/4 Slow day

Nice report.  It's only a matter of time...

#3 Dec-06-10 2:09PM

Ernie
Administrator

I saw a nice (skinny) multi point buck at Algonkian when I went to cover my boat on Sunday.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Dec-07-10 10:23AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I love these reports. If only I could convince my wife to let me invest in a bow. I have all the camo, just need the weapon. Let me know if you ever want an extra set of eyes.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#5 Dec-08-10 5:58AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

CozUF2001 wrote:

I love these reports. If only I could convince my wife to let me invest in a bow. I have all the camo, just need the weapon. Let me know if you ever want an extra set of eyes.

Just tell her about all the free meat you will be getting wink

Last edited by jumping jasper (Dec-08-10 5:58AM)

smile

#6 Dec-08-10 8:11AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

jumping jasper wrote:

...and she is a super carnivore, but she is also an animal lover so it is an interesting dichotomy. She feels the hunter has too significant an advantage. Perhaps I should put her in a tree stand on a 20degree day and see who feels the advantage! lol

#7 Dec-08-10 1:52PM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

CozUF2001 wrote:

jumping jasper wrote:

...and she is a super carnivore, but she is also an animal lover so it is an interesting dichotomy. She feels the hunter has too significant an advantage. Perhaps I should put her in a tree stand on a 20degree day and see who feels the advantage! lol

That is what I keep on telling my friends.  Let see them sit 20ft up some tree with the blowing wind from 6 am till 5 pm while hoping a deer will walk within 30 yards of you in a area that doesn't have a dozen tree limbs in the way. Oh yeah, and not have it spot you with you looking like a 6 foot tall 220 lb wart that grew on the side of the tree overnight.  (granted the people you try and explain this to usually bag a 12 pt, 200 lb monster their first 30 min of their first time out).

In human terms, it the equivalent of the someone rolling in a nasty trash heap on the hottest day in august, then sneaking into your house and hanging from the ceiling fan in your living room waiting for you to come in sit on the couch so they can tag you with a rubber band gun. Or if they are ground blind kind of person,  hiding behind the end table next to the couch and you not smelling or seeing them.

Last edited by NOVAhunter (Dec-08-10 1:53PM)

#8 Dec-14-10 7:24PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Awesome...

Board footer