Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-22-10 10:56AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Last striper in DC? + pic

Bob and I ventured out this morning in the light fog.  We were after whatever would bite.  Started out for stripers and caught this 20" on the first pass.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/FISH%20PICS%2010-08%20on/DSC02147.jpg
Didn't catch another striper........was he the last one left?......We put him back, so there's at least one left.

Then tried for bass and only one dink.  Looked for crappie and could find none.  Bob did catch a nice channel cat.  Ended up casting for the last hour with NADA.
Did see some marks on the fishfinder, but not the ones we wanted.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/cokeempire/FISH%20PICS%2010-08%20on/skunksonar.jpg

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Nov-22-10 11:01AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Last striper in DC? + pic

That soup was thick this morning....never was able to see if you were in the channel.

Glad you got one....not convinced they are gone, just hiding in a new spot!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Dec-14-10 9:21AM

Salmo

Does anyone fish DC all winter?  Blue plains stays mighty warm.  They have different regs as to what temperatures they can release at.  Should be some striped ones there all winter.  There's even a small hidden ramp directly accross the river in Alexandria there.  No room for  trailer parking but car top or pick up bed john boat or kayak there is.  I often fish elsewhere in the winter for warm water discharges but haven't looked at blue plains in mid winter much.  Early spring is a hot spot though, that I know.

#4 Dec-14-10 9:27AM

Ernie
Administrator

Jon- you have that cold stuff in your veins!

I will venture out 1-2 times in the winter IF we get warm weather. Blue Plains is an option as is the power plant but an open boat in the cold is just not appealing to my aging body. I have been told that walleye school up in deep holes up river but I have never gone after 'em.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer