Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-18-10 10:10AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

St Jerome's Creek off Buzz's Marina (Oct 16) – Striper were ready but

St Jerome's Creek off Buzz's Marina (Oct 16) – Striper were ready but I wasn't

I fished St Jerome's Creek (Mid-Chesapeake Bay), MD on Oct 16, 2010 when the Small Craft warning was issued in the  Bay. The place was well protected from the strong wind and striper were there. But I had the worst hangover due to drinking the night before the fishing. I barely fished and came back when striper were biting. I thought I never drink again. Well at least not  the night before fishing.
My video fishing log below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TxHkDEC … u_in_order

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by ComeOnFish (Oct-18-10 10:20AM)

#2 Oct-18-10 10:34AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: St Jerome's Creek off Buzz's Marina (Oct 16) – Striper were ready but

Joe, I've ruined many a fishing trip by drinking the night before... I tell myself every time that I won't do it again but somehow it happens. I missed the boat with a commercial hook and line friend of mine and he's never let me live it down.

I need to head down to St Jerome's soon, thinking of making a hrbt & kipto run on the weekend of the 6th instead. I've never fished there and the thought of the light line or tog at the ships has me up at night. How long do you fish St Jerome's into the fall?

#3 Oct-18-10 10:48AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

ComeOnFish wrote:

............ But I had the worst hangover due to drinking the night before the fishing. I barely fished and came back when striper were biting. I thought I never drink again. Well at least not  the night before fishing.

I was waiting for the video to say that you ended up "chumming" for the rockfish lol

Last edited by Curly (Oct-18-10 10:49AM)

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Oct-18-10 4:04PM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

ComeOnFish wrote:

............ But I had the worst hangover due to drinking the night before the fishing. I barely fished and came back when striper were biting. I thought I never drink again. Well at least not  the night before fishing.

I was waiting for the video to say that you ended up "chumming" for the rockfish lol

I chummed often indeed. I did not want to say it on the video. When I chummed while sitting on the kayak, I almost fell overboard by leaning too much. No wonder why fish came after.

Joe

#5 Oct-18-10 6:32PM

Ernie
Administrator

Classic......

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Oct-19-10 6:33AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

To bad about the hangover. Nice video though. What kind of camera (video glasses?)

smile

#7 Oct-22-10 9:33AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

jumping jasper wrote:

To bad about the hangover. Nice video though. What kind of camera (video glasses?)

I have a cheap camera (Nikon S200) inside a underwater camera housing. I bought it for scuba/free diving, depth to 100'. The housing is mounted on a roller blade helmet. Almost all cameras come with underwater camera housing. But housing can be more expensive than the camera.  There are many water resistent  cameras (10-30' down) if you don't dive.

joe

Board footer