Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-13-10 4:47AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Trolling & Live-Lining Breezy Point (Mid-Chesapeake Bay) (Oct 9)

Trolled for 2 hours and Live-lined for 2.5 hours for striper between the Breezy Point Marina and Parker's Creek in 32-34' of water. There are still many bluefish. Spot are biting Fish-Bites in 32-33' of water. Expected (hoped for) a good sized striper but end up with a 20” striper.
Here is my fishing log:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUpjGrAeHO8

Thanks,
Joe

#2 Oct-13-10 5:34AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Trolling & Live-Lining Breezy Point (Mid-Chesapeake Bay) (Oct 9)

Outstanding!

are rigged up to the max! That is a lot of gear for a kayak....amazing.

One suggestion- - on the umbrella rig that was rigged with the heavier in-line weight, you might want to consider moving the weight up the line a bit. As well, you can step down the  weight since you are not going that fast. That way, you won't drag bottom. Why do I know this, because when I used to troll , I used to catch the bottom all the time from going too slow and having too much weight. My good trolling friends would tell me that stripers like to look up at their prey....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Oct-13-10 5:49AM

FishSauce

Welcome Joe,

I've enjoyed your very informative and interesting video logs on other forums.  Glad you started posting on here as well.

#4 Oct-13-10 6:16AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

Outstanding!

are rigged up to the max! That is a lot of gear for a kayak....amazing.

One suggestion- - on the umbrella rig that was rigged with the heavier in-line weight, you might want to consider moving the weight up the line a bit. As well, you can step down the  weight since you are not going that fast. That way, you won't drag bottom. Why do I know this, because when I used to troll , I used to catch the bottom all the time from going too slow and having too much weight. My good trolling friends would tell me that stripers like to look up at their prey....

Ernie,
Yes I will adjust a lot for the trolling. I was not quite prepared that day for trolling. I grab quickly anything in the garage I thought I might need. I was not quite sure that day. I need to read my old trolling configuration chart (line diamenter, speed, weight of lure, lure type, line length) before I go out again when wind blows nicely.

Joe

#5 Oct-13-10 6:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

Joe- I like the sail set up for trolling.....you really are quite an adventurous fisherman. My hats off to you!

Those charts drove me crazy....I just recently got rid of 90% of my trolling tackle. I know I will see it again when and if  I go out with Osprey.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Oct-14-10 6:21AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

Ernie,
After years of trolling on boats, I became a light tackle (LT) person. That made my guests very happy because they are actually fishing. I stopped trolling for a while before I sold my boat. Though when I Kayak-fish, I want to do what big boys do in the same water for the same fish.

BTW, it was very nice to meet you at the ramp in Algonkian Park.

joe

#7 Oct-14-10 7:25PM

buckshot
Northern Snakehead

hey if u take those blue crabs and break them in half there are these things on both sides on the inside called devils fingers. they are orange lookin things. the best bait for bluefish and reds.

Board footer