Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-22-10 6:32AM

Aches n Pains
Northern Snakehead

Underwater Video at Algonkian

Saw this on the Tidal Fish and thought folks might be interested.  Underwater videos taken at Algonkian Park.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/showthr … ep-2010%29

#2 Sep-22-10 6:56AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Underwater Video at Algonkian

Nice videos.  The low...almost non-existant flow has caused the algae blooms.......but on the bright side, there were tons of minnows hiding in it.  Also interesting was the # of LMB in the videos.  This fall and next spring should be great fishing there smile .

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Sep-22-10 7:50AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Really neat videos.  I would love to see some of BDR.  The guy has real guts.  I don't think I have ever fished up there w/o having a jet ski or boat just about cut my kayak or myself in half.  About 15 years ago I was wading and had a couple of jet skis split on either side of me at 10-15 yards, then come back and do it again a few min later.  I went to go meet them in the parking lot but I never saw them.

#4 Sep-22-10 8:02AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Very cool

#5 Sep-22-10 8:15AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

NOVAhunter wrote:

...............About 15 years ago I was wading and had a couple of jet skis split on either side of me at 10-15 yards, then come back and do it again a few min later.  I went to go meet them in the parking lot but I never saw them.

Tighten your drag way down and make a leading cast with good crankbait big_smile .  And hold on! lol

#6 Sep-22-10 8:49AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Curly wrote:

NOVAhunter wrote:

...............About 15 years ago I was wading and had a couple of jet skis split on either side of me at 10-15 yards, then come back and do it again a few min later.  I went to go meet them in the parking lot but I never saw them.

Tighten your drag way down and make a leading cast with good crankbait big_smile .  And hold on! lol

I thought about doing that with a 1/2 oz spinnerbait.

#7 Sep-22-10 8:57AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Got a better chance of a hookup with 2 trebble hooks! lol lol

#8 Sep-22-10 1:51PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

NOVAhunter wrote:

Curly wrote:

NOVAhunter wrote:

I thought about doing that with a 1/2 oz spinnerbait.

You don't have to worry about jet skis with all that grass and there is not enough water for prop boats right now either.

smile

#9 Sep-29-10 5:47PM

Ernie
Administrator

By total chance, I met Joe An tonight after I dropped my boat off at Algonkian. He was just taking out with his kayak and was shivering from 2 hours of diving. He is an amazing guy and I hope he joins our Forum.

I spent 40 minutes talking to him and missed the meeting I was supposed to be going to.

Today, he took some video of some large carp! He goes by "Comeonfish01" on You Tube.

Time to go fishin' again!

#10 Oct-01-10 5:55AM

Ernie
Administrator

And he goes by ComeOnFish on our Forum.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#11 Oct-01-10 7:17AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Looking forward to Joe's posts, he was a Tuesday fixture on TF till work got in the way. He's not afraid to kayak anywhere, lots of good reads.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

Board footer