You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-15-08 11:48AM

Ernie
Administrator

3/22/08, 5th Annual Fredericksburg Fly Fishing Show

National Guard Armory in Fredericksburg, VA

Show Time - 9:00 - 5:00
Admission - $5

5th annual Fredericksburg Fly Fishing show.

A day devoted to the sport of fly fishing and all those who enjoy it. The Fredericksburg Fly Fishing Show is put on annually by the Falmouth Flats Fly Fishers. A group dedicated to conservation and restoration of our natural resources and education of the public about all aspects of fly fishing.

Past speakers for the Fredericksburg Fly Fishing Show have included such legends as Bob Clouser, Ed Humphries and Ed Javarowski. This year we continue our tradition of bringing the sport’s finest to Fredericksburg by presenting our guest speaker lineup of the legendary Lefty Kreh as well as author of “Fly Fishing Virginia”, Beau Beasley.

This year will also See the introduction the Fredericksburg Fly Fishing Film Festival. This event will be hosted By Jamie Howard and will showcase film makers from the Mid Atlantic region.

In addition to great guest speakers And film festival the show will also feature a great variety of vendors, casting instruction, a fly tying table, 2 different raffles, and a silent auction to support the club and its activities with the community in the coming year. Stop by the armory on March 22nd and be part of one of the best little fly fishing shows in the mid-Atlantic.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-21-08 6:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 3/22/08, 5th Annual Fredericksburg Fly Fishing Show

This will be the last show that I go to this year unless the weather is really bad next Saturday. A couple of us are going to try to catch some shad on a fly at the Falmouth Flats (Rappahanock River) while we are down there!

Ernie

#3 Mar-21-08 6:55AM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is the schedule of events:

9:00,              Doors Open
9:30-10:30,     Beau Beasley “ A No nonsense Guide to Fly Fishing Virginia”
10:30-11:30,   Harry Robertson “Fly Fishing Alaska”
11:30-12:15,   Jamie Howard (The "Chasing Silver / Location X" guy).
12:15- 2:30,    Fredricksburg Fly Fishing Film Festival
2:30-3:30,       Brian Horsley/Sarah Gardner “Fly Fishing Baja”
3:30-4:00,       Gordon English “Fly Fishing Alaska”
4:30,               Silent Auction Closes
4:45,               Jug raffle drawings
4:50,               Rod raffle drawings
4:55,               Rod Raffle Drawings
5:00,               Doors close

Featured Fly Tyers

10:30-11:30,  Capt. Harry Huelsbeck, fishes out of the VA Beach area. He will be tying Petey the Petrel, a shark popper.

12:30-1:30,    John Conrad who is the owner of Conrad’s flies. John has been specializing in smallmouth bass flies for more than 25 years. He will be tying the Bass Hare Nymph.

3:30-4:30,     Capt. Tony Harding, owner of Latitudes Charters, will demonstrate spinning deerhair for saltwater flies.

Casting Demonstrations

11:30,         Dusty Wissmath
2:30,          Harry Robertson

#4 Mar-22-08 3:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Great show! Bought a ton of flies, watched the Jamie Howard fly fishing films which are top notch, they show them on Versus once in a while. I even got in some wade fishing on the Rappahannock. Saw some shad being caught...not by me.

Here is Bob Abrams with me as we were geting ready.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0301.jpg

This is David Polanansky. Check out the boots....he had about 3 inches clearance from the 50 degree water!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0303.jpg

And here is Dave Post helping Bob get a fly out of his jacket.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0304.jpg

Regardless of that mishap, these guys can really throw a fly!

Ernie

Board footer