Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-01-10 3:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

Fish kill on Cedar!

Bags and bags of fish are being taken out, some are caught by surf rods and other with the Cuban yo yo. Can't tell if there were any illegals (fish) taken out but our BG population is taking a hit!

Three times in the last 10 days I have gone out to fish Cedar only to lose my desire as I watch the activities around me.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-01-10 4:30PM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

Re: Fish kill on Cedar!

What do they do with the small fish they catch?

#3 Aug-01-10 5:33PM

Ernie
Administrator

BGs are quite tasty....

Some folks fillet the bigger ones but some cultures use them for fish "soap" (as Carl used to say).

Soap= soup

#4 Aug-09-10 5:11PM

Ernie
Administrator

It continues...there are now 3-4 families that are getting dinner on the north shore...almost every night too! I can't tell if they are taking bigger fish  though so it could be legal....unless they don't have a Fishing License or if they live outside the Village.

#5 Aug-10-10 8:10AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

I have noticed it happening in some of the other lakes also. You don't carry a couple of five gallon buckets to go recreational fishing.
Maybe its time to get Oddenkirk (spelling?) back and see if we need to change the policy again.

smile

#6 Aug-10-10 8:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

John Odenkirk has committed to come back next spring......it will be interesting to see the new results.

I really don't have an issue with fish being taken out....my issue is that more people from outside of AV are taking fish out. That has to put a hurting on the population.

There is ZERO enforcement unfortunately.

#7 Aug-10-10 9:34AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

I have yet to catch anything in either cedar or beech in the past 2 weeks, im sure the heat has something to do with it, but Im used to catch a few dinks at least....

#8 Aug-10-10 9:46AM

Ernie
Administrator

I'm catching plenty of fish with the fly rod....flies are much smaller baits than what we normally use.

#9 Aug-11-10 10:49AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Most nights I see a group with surf rods on alder, just to the west of the drain. Also, usually see a group walking to pavillion with a buck and surf rods as well. They seem to park down towards the school and walk up. Where they go from there??

Board footer