Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-28-10 10:06AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Need to Fish!

I have a hall pass for Friday evening and/or Saturday morning. This time of year though, I think I'd take the evening over the morning. So many local options, spots to choose, to kayak or wet wade? Fly fish, cast or spin? My first thought was to wet wade Goose Creek with the fly rod. Then, I thought why not load the kayak and try Riverbend or Algonkian (never been there but have wanted to try it for a long time).

So the question to the assembled is... what would you do with your pass on a Friday evening?

And I'd welcome anyone who'd like to join me. Would love to meet those in the group. Thanks!

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#2 Jul-28-10 10:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Need to Fish!

I have a pass as well but I planned a trip to the Eastern Shore a few months back....

Saying that, Algonkian will be nice with the fly rod but go early and get off early. The jet skiers get there between 10-11.

Don't know much about Riverbend.

Keiphart (Goose Creek) is a great option in a yak. Paddle down stream and once in the Potomac, you can find some ledges or fish either shorelie.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-28-10 11:40AM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

John- I'm heading to SPSP to fish the AM with Jack on the yaks to try live-lining again. Feel free to join!

Ernie- Still thinking about rigging party? I re-did my battery box last night and pulled my old transducer out. I'm installing the through hull transducer tonight or tomorrow to get ready for this weekend. I'll probably try to put my ram tube on as well.

I still need to do about 10 other things to it...

#4 Jul-28-10 12:56PM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Thanks for the tips, Ernie. Good luck on your Eastern Shore trip.

I'm leaning towards Goose Creek Friday evening. Haven't been over there recently. Would you choose the kayak over wading that area?

Riverbend is a much smaller park than Algonkian but very similar river-wise. Upstream from the parking area there are some riffles where I've had some success in the past. Went once this year but not much doing.

Michael,  Me and the missus have an overnighter on one of the boats Sunday-Monday. We're going up to the Inner Harbor and catching a concert at Pier Six. So, I'm gonna stay closer to home Saturday. Thanks for the offer. We'll catch up on another outing...

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

Board footer