Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-26-10 6:37PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

My pond

Well that's what I'll call it from now on.  The one by my mom's house.  The HOA installed four aerators and did who knows what else.  I don't know when they did it but since I last checked the pond in the spring there has been a major reduction in milfoil and algae.  It's now fishable with crankbaits.  I started with a bitsy minnow as usual to see if the fish were hungry. 2nd cast got a small green sunfish, 4th cast a 14.5" channel cat I first thought was a bass and the 6th cast was good for a 9" LMB.  I caught a few more greens and BGs on the bitsy minnow.  I tried senkos, rage tail craws on jigs, spoon, spinner bait, Rapala minnow and some other stuff with nothing taking them.  It was between the major and minor so maybe that was the problem.  Fish weren't breaking the surface, it was really quiet out there.

Another guy came along and started fish for a big cat. He mentioned catching a 10lb bass at the other end of the pond. Probably a little exaggerated, but still larger than what I would expect for such a shallow pond.

Board footer