Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-08-08 12:08PM

Ernie
Administrator

3-8-08, Cedar Lake bass report

I spent about an hour fly rodding (5wt) in between the rain, during the rain and when it cleared up (and the wind picked up).  The intent was to catch some crappie and blue gill but they would have none of that.....didn't catch any of those species.  roll

But I did manage to catch 5 largemouth bass. The 1st one was a teeny little one year old...must have been all of 5 inches but good to see that he survived the winter. The next one was a little bigger and I was able to take an action shot of him....caught him right next to the willow tree. Both of these came during a dry period.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0275.jpg

Then it started to rain again but they were biting and I caught another one that was a one pounder. smile

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0276.jpg

Curly then pulled up across the lake with his crappie rig and I was able to catch another one as the rain tapered off.  Finally, I went behind my house and caught a nice short but fat one right off the rocks.

All the bass were caught on bead headed white wooly buggers!

Nice to get some action.    cool We have a cold snap coming in but it will be followed by warmer temps...they will be on the move soon!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Mar-09-08 5:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 3-8-08, Cedar Lake bass report

Curly wrote:

Ernie kicked my butt Saturday. big_smile

For once!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-13-08 6:44PM

bigfoot

Re: 3-8-08, Cedar Lake bass report

Got one really small bass about 6 inches and a whole lot of algae.

working is for those who don't fish

Board footer