You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-09-10 4:03PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

upper ash wed 10 am

the chatterbait strikes again.

i caught 2 bass, 5# each w/o a doubt.

i caught 3 others + or - 2#

i think the big ones may have been closer to 6#. the battery in my scale is dead and i am too broke to buy another

i am almost skeptical of myself, but it happened. I don't think I have ever caught two fish of that caliber on the same day. (Oh well, it's between me and God anyway)- Every fish story is the 'old man and the sea' when it is all said and done.

#2 Jun-09-10 4:48PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: upper ash wed 10 am

Nicely done...I detect a bit of excitement in the post.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-09-10 8:18PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

well, it was a peak experience, both of them coming all of the way out of the water, landing w/ the follow-up suction of a cannonball @ the pool.

and yes, i do wish i had a scale and photos, just to help me believe it myself.

i fished for so many years, without 'success' in this sense, just chasing a dream from 'fishing facts', ........a kid and a zebco nobody taught me how to use.

i thought you hung lures beneath bobbers

i never once caught a good bass by myself

i used to fish water that had no fish, i suspect, :old storm water areas in suburban chicago, circa 1977

in my mind there was a chance, a big one, a miracle that could happen

but truthfully- to think that i ever would actually experience what i did today- i wouldnt dare dream it.

think about it: I dont wear a cubs hat for nothing

#4 Jun-10-10 4:43AM

Ernie
Administrator

bigjeffie wrote:

I have several friends who are Cubs fans.....I always feel bad for them. I was in Wrigley once, a truly majestic place! What history!

But they never win.....the big one!

Despite having no camera and scale, you can always look back here where you wrote about it!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Jun-10-10 5:18AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

bigjeffie wrote:

I have several friends who are Cubs fans.....I always feel bad for them. I was in Wrigley once, a truly majestic place! What history!

But they never win.....the big one!

Despite having no camera and scale, you can always look back here where you wrote about it!

The cubs break my heart every year. Sounds like Jeffie and I fished the same places in Chicago

smile

#6 Jun-10-10 11:11AM

bart2puck
Northern Snakehead

Congrats,  I pulled a 2.5# the other week and felt the same way..

Where abouts on ashburn lake did you catch these mothers?

#7 Jun-10-10 7:07PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

ashburn lake has some giant fish in it.
you have to work it, but sooner or later it will give them up if you are diligent.

i will say i caught them in an area that i used to have no confidence in this time of year.

keep trying, pay attention to the weather patterns, think about what has worked in the past, how it might apply today, and dont be afraid to follow a hunch.

listen to the talk of successful fishermen , watch the bass pros on tv, try to avoid contempt.

i had a bucket and minnow fisherman open my eyes last winter. the whole river was near skunked, and we were quietly loading  a cooler w/ slab crappie.

Wrigley Field is great. It was better when they really stunk in the 70's, and on sunday afternoon we packed the place to standing room only and cheered our hearts out

Board footer