Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-23-10 1:40PM

Ernie
Administrator

A carp, a frog and a snake.....5-23-10 on Cedar!

I went out after the rain with 4 rods in hand. A suspending bait, a frog, a wacky senko and a tube.

To show for this great effort all I got was a 1 (plus a littel) pounder on the suspending bait and a nice one that jumped and spit me out on the wacky....

Then I saw a couple of carp roaming around the mulberry trees behind my neighbors house. I had recently read some posts about chasing carp so into the garage I go and I tie on a mulberry looking fly on the 8wt practice rod. I walked back and forth between 4-5 houses and finally I saw a couple of them cruising. I go make my cast and some nice folks come out of nowhere so I had to stand down....as the carp noticed me and took off!

After 20 minutes of no shows, I see them again and make a couple of casts but they land in the water too loudly! I need to make a more gentle cast apparently.

Anyway, I did not catch the carp...but I will! Now I know how Khahn felt when he was stalking them a few years back!!     hmm

Then, I looked down and there is a small snake giving me the evil eye. I looked slightly left and there is the reason why...the frog he had just killed and was preparing to devour it.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP1057-1.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 May-23-10 4:48PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: A carp, a frog and a snake.....5-23-10 on Cedar!

Quite a day!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 May-23-10 5:22PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

I went out after the rain with 4 rods in hand. A suspending bait, a frog, a wacky senko and a tube.

To show for this great effort all I got was a 1 (plus a littel) pounder on the suspending bait and a nice one that jumped and spit me out on the wacky....

Then I saw a couple of carp roaming around the mulberry trees behind my neighbors house. I had recently read some posts about chasing carp so into the garage I go and I tie on a mulberry looking fly on the 8wt practice rod. I walked back and forth between 4-5 houses and finally I saw a couple of them cruising. I go make my cast and some nice folks come out of nowhere so I had to stand down....as the carp noticed me and took off!

After 20 minutes of no shows, I see them again and make a couple of casts but they land in the water too loudly! I need to make a more gentle cast apparently.

Anyway, I did not catch the carp...but I will! Now I know how Khahn felt when he was stalking them a few years back!!     hmm

Then, I looked down and there is a small snake giving me the evil eye. I looked slightly left and there is the reason why...the frog he had just killed and was preparing to devour it.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 … 1057-1.jpg

Did someone say CARP!!?? Ernie - I will be in yuour part of the woods very soon. I gotta hook onto one of those carp and i think the mulberry presentation may be the ticket

#4 May-23-10 5:35PM

Ernie
Administrator

Khahn- Do it now....those berries are getting sweeter by the day! Let me know when you are coming over and we can set up an arsenal!

#5 May-24-10 4:59AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

Khahn- Do it now....those berries are getting sweeter by the day! Let me know when you are coming over and we can set up an arsenal!

I might join you guys. I noticed a couple of Mulberry trees on Beech yesterday during a walk and had the same thought

smile

#6 May-24-10 7:43AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Question of the Day - What will you fine gents do with the carp once you catch it?

#7 May-24-10 7:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

CozUF2001 wrote:

Question of the Day - What will you fine gents do with the carp once you catch it?

Take a picture and throw it back....unless you want to eat it!

#8 May-24-10 7:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

I will post up some carp hunting times a little later. I have asked a friend of mine, who is also obsessed with catching these guys on a fly, to come over and tutor us.

#9 May-24-10 9:03AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Pacemaker wrote:

CozUF2001 wrote:

Take a picture and throw it back....unless you want to eat it!

Ummm, no thanks!

#10 May-24-10 3:44PM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

sun a.m in the rain i walked cedar

i saw an orange carp come halfway out of the water, about by the tree at the end of the ernie zone.

this thing looked like a buoy popping up from the bottom

in the grey downpour the brilliant color gave me a real start

i saw flippin4it out there. he said there was a good bite on a wiggle wart

i was J&P and striking out

i hit the spillway at ashburn and caught 1, prob just shy of 2#

there was a school of big carp, maybe 10 to 20#'rs, circling in the sweet water coming out of alder. i mean like 10 fish. no good bass tho

#11 May-24-10 7:22PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

I will post up some carp hunting times a little later. I have asked a friend of mine, who is also obsessed with catching these guys on a fly, to come over and tutor us.

Count me in Ernie....i've been trying to key in on these guys the past three years and would love to hook up with one...

#12 May-25-10 5:12AM

Ernie
Administrator

Khahn- maybe tonight.....

#13 May-25-10 6:43AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie
do you have a mulberry pattern fly? If I can get some purple yarn I will make a few

smile

#14 May-25-10 7:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

jumping jasper wrote:

Ernie
do you have a mulberry pattern fly? If I can get some purple yarn I will make a few

I have some that sink that look like a mulberry but I do not have a floater. I think I have a few other flies that can mimic the berry.

Board footer