Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-02-08 5:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

2-2-08, Lake Anna fishing report.....Pepe Le Pew!!

With great anticipation, I met Jeff English and John Casale at 5 AM to start our 100+ mile trek down to Lake Anna! We had a smooth ride down until we got to the Manassas exit when traffic came to a halt....for 1 hour and 15 minutes! There had been a horrible 6-7 car accident just in front of us (300 yards) which required two Medevac helicopters!

We finally got on the water about 8:30 AM and we had a beautiful day and 31 degree temps! Here is Jeff all bundled up!

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2981/img2349ya3.jpg

Our plan was to fish a point that had given up some stripers in December and we pounded it for 30 minutes without a bite. So we moved up lake in search of bait...and we searched...and we searched! Once in a while we would see a little bait on the electronics but the lake was devoid of life!

As the day progressed, we did find some birds and some bait but all we got was a snagged scale form a 3" threadfin shad.

We worked hard all day but all we got was a Pepe!!

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6562/200pxpepelepewot7.png

However, we were pleased that we were fishing in NoVA on February 2nd!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-03-08 8:06AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 2-2-08, Lake Anna fishing report.....Pepe Le Pew!!

Debbie asked me if I now had Lake Anna "out of my system" since we have suffered so many skunks there. In reality, we have only fished it during winter months and I would say that February is a not prime fishing month. My answer to her was that Lake Anna is a "back up" fishing spot. There will be times when the rivers are raging and we need to go fishing so we will go to Lake Anna! I would rather be skunked than sit home!

Ernie

#3 Feb-04-08 7:16AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

It was a very pleasurable day spent with two great guys. smile

smile

#4 Feb-05-08 2:55PM

rit.05

Long time, no posting for me....

Curly, Ernie, any of you guys see the old Catfish Nation guys at High Point Marina. Our chapter decided to try out Anna for a catfish tourney and it went off ok. Not anything compared to the Potomac fish we catch, but a change of pace for most of the guys. I didn't go due to obligations for Uncle Sam, but I've fished down there before. My tournament partner is a big Striper guy and used to fish Anna all the time. He spends most days on the Potomac now, but only out of convenience.

Two questions...
We should get stripers up this way soon right?

We (Catfish Nation) have another open tournament this weekend out of Ft Washington Marina. If you're interested, its a great group of guys/gals targeting big fish. Somebody will be able to hook you up with some shad too, if you don't have any.  I think the entry fee is $70 per boat with payouts to top three boats and big fish pot. www.thecatfishnation.com if anybody is interested.

You can email me at drittler@msn.com with questions.

#5 Feb-05-08 3:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

Dan,

We were at High Point but didn't notice any of the CN guys, I had forgotten that the tourney was there. There were only a few boats when we got there....more when we left. Most of them turned left to the deeper and warmer side (not the hot side), we went right most of the time.

Curly wants to start scouting for stripers on the Potomac in March. It is my belief that they spawn at Natonal Airport and Greenway Flats and then head up to Fletcher's where they coral all the bait (white perch, shad and herring). Then they make a bee line back to the bay.

We need to do one of those tourneys....they look like fun!  tongue

I am out of pocket this weekend so I need to pass. I know Curly was talking about you on Saturday so he may be interested.

Ernie

#6 Feb-06-08 11:39AM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

hey guys, sometimes the fish win,  right?

at least you got out!

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#7 Feb-06-08 11:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

L1Ranger wrote:

hey guys, sometimes the fish win,  right?

at least you got out!

Heck yes....I will go back down there again (with Charlie Taylor, I hope) this month and keep trying!

I just booked a trip with a good friend of mine to go with McCotter in May....I WILL figure this lake out... roll ...but I may go broke doing so!! cool

Ernie

Board footer