Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-02-10 4:32PM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

So who has the Moxie?

I keep hearing and reading about "who has caught this and who has caught that". But no one is willing to talk about where. This is not a level playing field, alot of these places are private or in a "circle of trust"... Lets play a little different game. Name the (exact) location on a public body of water, time, and lure used. It will also need to be photo and scale verified....You have to be willing to put your finger on the spot............ Lets play.

#2 Mar-02-10 4:36PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: So who has the Moxie?

As soon as Beaverdam Res is thawed out it's on.   I figured it would be one of the last places to freeze over, it's also the last to thaw out apparently.  It was completely iced over when I checked on Saturday.

#3 Mar-03-10 1:03AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

i will tell you where i get them in ashburn.

private property is a different story.  it isnt right to tell the world about somebody else's land, when they have entrusted it's preservation unto you.

when i keep working, i find a method that produces in an area .

i fished a laydown in ashburn last year. one week it was a black/red senko, would not hit another bait. then it was a green/red bitsy bug w/ a green trickworm trailer, would not hit another bait. then it was a green finesse worm on a drop shot, would not hit it another way.

i am talking about 30 casts in an eight foot diameter area, w/ different presentations, then finally banging a good fish w/ the right look.

there are many factors at play. location is huge, but only a beginning

and finally, when i figure all of that out, i dont run around shouting it from the treetops. I dont hand out naked pictures of my wife either

Last edited by bigjeffie (Mar-03-10 1:09AM)

#4 Mar-03-10 5:44AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

You know the problem with this Rob....As soon as someone catches a decent sized fish at a local spot, the lurkers (non members) are going to attack it like no other and destroy the area (trash, etc.).  I have no problem sharing locations with board members, it's the guys that don't contribute to the board that i'd rather not share info with.

I will play your game though! big_smile

#5 Mar-03-10 10:06AM

flippin4it
Northern Snakehead

I think we are missing the point. Keep your hotspots in the DL. But lets brag about fishing common water, not the honeyhole in which the fish will bite a bare hook.

#6 Mar-03-10 10:08AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

that makes more sense! Most of us are limited to these types of water anyways.

you get my email Rob?

#7 Mar-03-10 11:12AM

Ernie
Administrator

I like hearing about HOW you catch them in a particular body of water.

For example, like Jeffie's post above, I will switch my offering but I stay in close proximity to my house. Why? Because that's what I do. Not right....not wrong. It is what it is.

Sometimes I catch 'em on the 1st cast or two and sometimes it takes me a few different offerings.  I know they are there, I just need to entice them. Most of the time, I don't carry the camera or scale. But I ALWAYS do when on boat or yak!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer