Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-10-09 8:33AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Week of 12/7

Anyone been out yet this week? How have they been acting? I have seen the same couple of does on way to work feeding along waxpool across the street from the Embassy Suites hotel about 730, but none out in the power lines or any of the other right of ways. What times are they getting off their beds and back to them?

Last saturday was a rain/snow out for me.  I got in the stand about 6, starting raining 605, rained till 8. At this point I had several "lucky" drips land perfectly where my harness was coming out of my coveralls and provided a straight path to the back of my neck. I stayed in the stand till the snow picked up pretty hard and actually sticking around 930 or so. I learned my lesson years ago that a loggy bayou stand + snow + 20 feet of tree = bad juju...   I did jump 3 when I was packing up my stand. I have the feeling they were bedded in this dead fall the whole time and got tired of watching me squirrel down the tree and pack up my stuff.  I jumped two more does while walking around for a bit before I headed out. They were bedded down in deadfalls under cedars as well.  I don't think they wanted to move around much in the snow. OH well, hopefully this weekend will be better. Hopefully some secondary rut chasing.

#2 Dec-11-09 4:50AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Week of 12/7

I took the beagle out to chase rabbits in the snow. The only rabbit we kicked up ran straight in a hole.
The deer we kicked up were also bedded down. i walked up on a young non-typical buck who should be good next year.

Other then that the bucks are going noturnal, but the cold weather should get them moving early in the morning. Get in early and hunt the thickest cover you can.

smile

Board footer