Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-19-23 5:17AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Morning shore bite 6/19/23

I have not fished in a bit due to wife having knee replacement surgery last Tuesday.  She is doing well, but still uncomfortable. 

I was able to get out early after dropping my daughter off at work.  I got to the gate at about 5:00am and had seen a lot of deer on the way into the park.  The gate was still locked and I noticed a vehicle in the ditch to the right before the gate.  It looked like it had spun out and was completely covered with dirt (even over the windshield).  I got out to see if there was anyone that needed help.  A guy rolled down the window and said he was ok and that he had called AAA already.  Another vehicle pulled up behind me and it was the guy to open the gate.  He asked me what happened and I said I had no idea, but the guy was ok and said he called AAA.  He opened the gate and I drove in.

It was still almost dark when I started throwing a chug bug.  There were some grass clumps floating down the river I had to avoid.  I caught a smallie around 14 inches or so and then another one maybe 15 inches a few casts later.  Then I caught another smaller one. 

Fish were corralling and busting sporadically.  I saw a bigger commotion close to shore and was able to get a cast into the action.  I hooked up and it jumped.  I saw it was a bigger fish.  I was able to get it in and measured it against my rod, then took this picture.  I later checked and it was between 19-19.5".

https://i.imgur.com/LIQ2CWy.jpg

The topwater bite slowed after that and I tried a 2.8" keitech on a nose-hook rig.  I hooked a smaller fish, but he came off and stole my bait.  I tried some other lure and topwater after that, but no bites.  The bite was pretty much over by 6:00am.

I saw a boat go out and thought I heard Ernie's voice.  I  texted him, but drove by the ramp before coming home and saw it was not.  I saw more deer and a fox on the way out.  There was a Loudoun County offcer at the entrance.  I stopped to tell him what I saw earlier and he said he was writing up the report.  Said the guy had been drinking the night before and he got up early and tried to drive around the gate.  He said he passed the field sobriety test, so he just gave him a ticket.

Last edited by drxfish (Jun-20-23 10:49AM)

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Jun-19-23 4:21PM

dave
Northern Snakehead

Re: Morning shore bite 6/19/23

Fishing... in the fuuuuuuuuuture...

#3 Jun-19-23 4:54PM

Ernie
Administrator

I wuz gonna ask the same thing? How did he know what he was gonna catch tomorrow?

Nice fish thought!

Pretty cool to get that shoreline activity...

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jun-19-23 6:24PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

I don't know how to fix the header, so I noted in the post.  I am all mixed up on dates right now.

#5 Jun-19-23 7:42PM

Ernie
Administrator

Fixed!

Tell your wife that every day will get better! But it does take some time...and work.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Jun-20-23 4:51AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Thanks, Captain!  She is walking around like a champ.  Just hard to get comfortable.

Last edited by drxfish (Jun-20-23 4:52AM)

#7 Jun-20-23 10:35AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Nice looking smallie

#8 Jun-23-23 3:59PM

dave
Northern Snakehead

I need to delete my post so's the readers don't think I'm crazy...LOL

Board footer