You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-06-23 1:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-6-23, "O"

Well, at least the brat did not disappoint! lol

https://i.imgur.com/y0iIJ8T.jpg

Today's arsenal was the long sticks.

John and I were fishing in my favorite creek by 7:20a. It was a cool morning and HAZY! There were already 2 boats in the creek. Apparently, they were practicing for a big tourney out of Smallwood this weekend.

The tide was really high. This was the culprit!

https://i.imgur.com/b7k9m4d.jpg

But we can't blame the moon because a couple of friends caught 10 LMB (including two 17"ers) using wacky worms in the grass in the bay.

We 1st fished an area that one can only fish at high tide and today's tide was really high. I think we got one bite. John was fishing with top water and I had a senko looking fly.

We then went over to the other side where John got 3-4 blowups and had a decent fish on for a second. I was hoping this was a good sign.

One of the boats came over and they were fascinated that we were fly fishing. Unfortunately, we had nothing to show for it.

We went way up creek but the farther up we went the dirtier the water was. Must be because of more water movement than usual (high tides).

There was not sin of LMB anywhere. Frustrating.

The wind was also up a little which made boat positioning (very important with the long sticks) difficult.

We came back out to the mouth and the wind was right in our face. We did a drift but got nothing.

So, we started back and fished an area of the river that should have been productive. John got a couple of more hits and I had a little fish on but I was out of position as I tried to right the boat after being pushed by the wind. never saw it. More frustration.

So...we called it early and went up for lunch. Which was good...as always.

Not sure what we could have done differently except not fish in the creek. It does seem that most of the fish were out in 3-5' of water and in the grass.

We just could not avoid this guy...

https://i.imgur.com/rMXYNTc.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-06-23 1:53PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 6-6-23, "O"

Sorry to see that.  Got some casting practice in and a good lunch.  It did get windy.  Nice temps though.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jun-06-23 3:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Don’t feel sorry for me Argentina! We had a good time out there. We fished where the fish weren’t! lol

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jun-07-23 4:56AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

At the O of all places!  Great try and at least lunch was good!

#5 Jun-07-23 4:07PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

I have a place for you with water

Board footer