Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-17-23 7:07AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Deer and Mink and Fox, oh my!

I got out yesterday to take advantage of our break from the cold and brutal wind.  Water was back down to 39 degrees to start.  I saw a group of about 7 deer with tails up on the way to the ramp. 

Fishing was slow, but the wildlife activity was epic.  I saw the local resident mink swimming near a log jam.  Lots of birds and ducks.  Saw a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers.  I saw what appeared to be an otter (small one but seemed too big for a mink) and a young Fox was avoiding golfers by traversing the shoreline.  The Bald Eagles were out, with one juvenile perching on a branch not far from one nest.  The sun warmed things up by about 10am.  Great day to be on the river.

Oh yeah, I did manage one 15 inch feisty smallie that hit a Nikko ned on a SWM head.  Tubes, grub, jigs and regular ned were not getting bit.  They were looking for a subtle swimming baitfish profile.  Wind kicked up in the afternoon and ruined most presentations.

https://i.imgur.com/bOQcUgf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/80o71ta.jpg

Spring is coming, no matter what the weather is doing.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Mar-17-23 1:47PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Deer and Mink and Fox, oh my!

And the deer were very active at the park when I went to get my boat.

Glad you didn't see the skunk!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-20-23 5:24AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

That's a great day right there.  It's mostly the reason why I still go hunting in the fall and winter....just to see the wildlife wake up and come to life around me.  I would have loved to see the mink and otter.  What a time to be alive!

#4 Mar-20-23 11:43AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Seen allot of critters and raptors coming out recently.  Ducks and geese are starting to pair up.  Saw the "dance" of love from a couple Peregrine Falcons.  Very cool time to be out of the house

Board footer