Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-23-23 3:45PM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

That's why it's called fishing and not catching

George and I have been trying to meet up but the river hasn't been cooperating for a kayak float closer to home due to time issues on my end.  So today I went after some largemouth in a small body of water (sorry George 😁).   With air temps at 76, no way I was sitting behind the laptop.

Short story, never kicked the skunk out of the kayak.  I hit areas with sharp drop offs and then some shallower flats with stumps after noon.  Tried a variety of lures, more power than finesse because the water was a little dirtier than I expected.  The wind after noon also made it a little tougher out there. 

I did a hit at the end when I saw a little baitfish jump in dead grass along the bank. Threw a plastic worm on stand up jighead and something grabbed it and started swimming off. Set the hook but it was only on for a second.  Think it just grabbed the end of the bigger worm.

Bummer of a day but at least I was fishing and not working. Hoping for the February smallie next week

#2 Feb-23-23 4:27PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: That's why it's called fishing and not catching

It is always good to get out.  The original wind forecast and knowing everybody and their mother would be out in the afternoon kept me off the water.  I did try from shore in the morning for about an hour but nada.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Feb-25-23 7:47AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

You got out!

#4 Feb-27-23 6:09AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Enjoying the outdoors and getting a line wet is special to me.  Catching a fish is the icing on the cake, but not guaranteed.  Glad you were able to get out for sure.  Having George by your side would've been icing too! lol

#5 Feb-27-23 8:53AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

Having George by your side would've been icing too! lol

Had the opportunity but the fish were the wrong color

:-)

#6 Feb-27-23 8:57AM

Ernie
Administrator

hookup wrote:

Had the opportunity but the fish were the wrong color

Are we being a snob? lol

But I've seen George whoop it up catching while perch on UL...and also during the shad run!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer