Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-10-23 3:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

2-10-23, Chesapeake Bay

I was fortunate to get a lest minute opportunity to fish the bay with Capt. Drey Thomason (Thomason Tradition Sport Fishing) with a  nice crew of 5.

https://i.imgur.com/DJjbEiF.jpg

Capt. Drey's boat is on the right and his dad's (Capt. Brian) is on the right.

We knew that there were some winds in the morning but they were from the west which would not affect us. We were also told by the forecasters that they would diminish through the morning.

We got to the fishing grounds but the bite was slower than slow. Still, Bill managed to take the skunk off!

https://i.imgur.com/RnbcFGw.jpg

There were a few known boats out there as well (Capt. Walleye Pete, Capt. Jamie Clough and Capt. Greg Shute). We only saw a couple of fish come over the gunnels and they were smaller than Bill's.

The sad part is that the bite had been very good earlier in the week (what else is new?) with some 40" + fish being caught.

Since we had some time, we decided to make a run for a ledge that had been producing. This is where we cussed out the weatherman.

The winds did not die down, they intensified and came out of the north which made our ride very bumpy and our drift very fast. Needless to say, it was not on so we went back to where we started but got no love was received for our efforts.

The fishing was disappointing (it is a well known fact that striper fishing the bay  this time of year is hit or miss) but the crew was a great one and we all had a great time. Sure beats sitting at home!!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Feb-10-23 4:17PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 2-10-23, Chesapeake Bay

Wow, too bad about the fishing.  Wind was definitely a factor today.  Love the bay, though.  Been too long since I have been out on it.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Feb-11-23 5:44AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Saltwater is feast or famine. But you got out on pretty nice day. Except that wind..

Good report.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#4 Feb-11-23 6:10AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

That's why they call if fish'n and not catch'n

Nice day to be out and you got a little excitement with the wind

#5 Feb-11-23 12:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

When the N (or worse, NE) wind hits that outflow...it gets dicey! Combat fishing at its best. It was great to get out on a nice February day.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer