Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-17-08 4:43PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Alder, 9-17-08

Went to Alder for 45 min and had yet another slow day, with only two fish.  One was caught on a wacky worm and the other with a white spinnerbait.

#2 Sep-18-08 8:01AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Alder, 9-17-08

You should fish the Pavilion and support the restocking efforts. With the fish in there being fed better because of a minnow stocking effort last year and the decrease in supply this year (due to our joint efforts), you are bound to get bigger bites. For those bites that aren't bigger, bucket them and move over to Tippecanoe.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 Sep-18-08 10:14AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I'll try to get out there one of these days, but with work and school it is hard to find time to get much fishing in, plus I got to get to know the terrain of the ABC's for the tournament.

#4 Sep-18-08 12:41PM

Ernie
Administrator

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Went to Alder for 45 min and had yet another slow day, with only two fish.  One was caught on a wacky worm and the other with a white spinnerbait.

Two fish in 45 minutes equals 8 fish in 3 hours....not bad if that's a slow day!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Sep-19-08 7:12AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

You know the ABC Lakes. You also know that on any given day, you can catch 20 or catch 0. What may motivate you is that different lakes act differently at the "same" time. You may learn new tactics while fishing the Pavilion that will benefit you during your tournament. I can't tell you have much I have learned by fishing the lakes here that I have applied elsewhere.

Moreover, conservation is a huge part of the sport of fishing. Imagine if Ray Scott never implemented catch-and-release. Your club should focus on the fun aspects of fishing as well as the conservation efforts. The latter fuels the former and is what is driving the successful event that you will hold in a few short weeks.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer