Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-30-22 5:12AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

That's why they call it fish'n and not catch'n

No pix today, sorry

Day started with the drive.  Usually see wild life everywhere on the way but the drive was quiet and calm with no deer, birds, or even bugs on my windshield.  Forecast was in the 90's so I figured we'd have a slow day.

Got to the river and it was beautiful but we were already sweating loading the boats up at the take out

Floated about 6.5 miles of water.  The first 4 miles are usually productive so we hung out a little longer at the top part of the float.  I just managed to break double midgets of 10 to 13" smallies.  Leon got a few less but caught some panfish.  Dinks were rattling the bait every cast.  Slowed down my retrieve and save they were either baby crappie or panfish?  Was thinking of downsizing to a dink bait but didn't because I'm always on the hunt for pigs.

Fish stopped biting around high noon.  Sun was up, blue bird skies and the area of the river's Botton looked like a Martian moonscape.  After a bit we started paddling.  Those last two miles of paddling kicked both of our butts.  Sucked down all our liquids, but I learned on my last trip with Ernie to bring more.  Glad I learned that lesson for yesterday.

Bald eagles - both mature and immature were everywhere.  One made a swim at a fish I release but came up empty.  Heron's were rare on the river and mostly stuck to the trees. Saw more green herons that I've ever seen on that stretch.  Also the king fishers were working it.  At the end of the day the small birds were searching for a hatch that didn't exist. 

Wife complained that we bought to much lunchmeat so made a nice mini-Dagwood for the float.  Problem solved with the lunchmeat and mini because I have to watch my svelte physique

Loaded the boats and got to the take out and there was one of Kelbe's employees backing up the trailer.  When down and checked out her raft and it's a beat!  Seating for six passengers and one rower.  A Cadillac for the river.  We chatted a bit and then drove home.

#2 Aug-30-22 5:40AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: That's why they call it fish'n and not catch'n

As Bev said after yesterday’s slow day, it’s way better to be out on the water and enjoy tHe scenery than sittin’ at home doing chores.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-30-22 8:59AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Or sitting in a cubical farm in DC

#4 Aug-31-22 5:22AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Mini Dagwood!!  lol, haven't heard that in a while.  Wonder if any younger folks even know.

Board footer