Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-31-06 12:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

8-30-06, Inn at Longshore, Long Island Sound, CT

Today I had a meeting at the Inn at Longshore which is right on Long Island Sound in Westport CT where the Saugatuck River comes ii to the sound. Since I have known about this trip for a while, I set it up to go fishing with George Woehlcke and Steve Barnes, both who are rabid striper fishermen and long time friends.

The meeting was done at 4 and by 5 pm we were wading the beach at the Inn. We had seen lots of bait moving through the weeds but we only saw a few jumpers.

Steve and George were throwing spinning tackle and I used Geroger's 9', 9 wt Orvis Boron stick with an inermidiate line . Beautiful outfit!

Anyway, a few minutes into the fishing and Steve hooks up with a nice 12-13 inch striper so that was a good sign. About 20 minutes later, I took one about the same size. I was sure there were some bigger bass in the cove and sure enough, I got hit and up came a 19+ incher that gave me a great battle. These were my 1st CT stripers and on a fly to boot!

Steve and George (also known as Felix and Oscar) do a lot of fishing together up in CT and we had great time.

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer