Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-21-22 1:19PM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Sleeter Lake

Went fishing with a friend today at Sleeter Lake in Round Hill, VA from 10am-1pm Water temp was only 51 and consistent throughout the 3 hours. A bit windy and chilly at first. We caught a couple of largemouths on plastic craw and on Rebel Minnow crankbait. Both were about 15" with nice color. Sorry, no pictures. Only had two other bites...one a non-hook up and one got off during retrieval. Saw two other guys coming off the water, and one had two hook-ups on bass but lost both fish. The other guy was crappie fishing and caught about 35 using Bobby Garland Crappie Bait at 8' depth in 15' of water in weedbeds. He had fished last week at Sleeter and water temp was 44 so it is starting to warm up. Overall, not a great day for catching bass but a nice day for fishing for them. Maybe next time I'll take some pictures. We also saw a huge bald eagle's nest in a large tree; and then about an hour later, I saw a bald eagle come down, snatch a fish, and take off for a nearby tree. Cool...
Bruce

Last edited by Bruce (Mar-21-22 1:39PM)

#2 Mar-21-22 1:50PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Sleeter Lake

Eagles can fish way better than us but they don't practice Catch and Release.

Nice report...glad you guys got out.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-21-22 3:01PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice report!  Eagles are so cool to see in action.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Mar-25-22 5:24PM

dougrm3

10 minutes from our house.  The eagles are beautiful.  There are some nice bass and crappies in that lake.

Board footer