Administrator

Re: Price of gas

https://i.imgur.com/rqChX6L.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-12-22 6:12AM

Ernie
Administrator

I like the idea of the mask over the eyes especially when I fill up before making a long run to get to the feeshes.

I guess it's all Putin's fault but I swear the prices were going up before he started his shenanigans.

#4 Mar-12-22 6:48AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Yes the prices were already going up.  I think I saw stats that they are up 90% under Biden.  40% because of Putin and 50% because of Biden policies (90% total).  Shutting down American oil drilling, pipeline, fracking, leases, etc. (we were self sufficient before doing this) had raised the prices before Putin.

#5 Mar-12-22 9:41AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Don't get me going ...........

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0478/1578/6650/products/ScreenShot2021-08-16at7.03.47PM_1080x.png?v=1629747411

#6 Mar-12-22 2:05PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

I guess it's all Putin's fault but I swear the prices were going up before he started his shenanigans.

Don't believe the White House propaganda on it being all Putin.........................

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#7 Mar-12-22 2:20PM

Ernie
Administrator

Yep...I said that tongue in cheek. The level of propaganda today is inconceivable.

#8 Mar-14-22 5:39AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

Ernie wrote:

Don't believe the White House propaganda on it being all Putin.........................

Although there's many externalities that are causing the price of gas to go up, it's simple supply and demand with politics

Turn off pipelines from Canada, the Dakota's and Russia will affect the supply while the demand increases

As the gas prices rise, so do the taxes as a percentage of the price

#9 Mar-14-22 6:17AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I honestly don't care.  The higher it goes the less people on the roads.  Clearly this is a sentiment born from this region lol.  Which also means less A holes on the water trying to run a yak over.  But seriously, I'm not surprised about anything since 1.  we're coming out of a pandemic  2.  Policies trickle down  3.  OPEC raises prices or holds back supply when a mosquito gets slapped in india  4.  Demand   5.  World events
It's just a bunch of factors, so blaming one or the other is not the correct assumption.  Everyone needs to stop thinking politics all the time because sometimes it's just greed factored in with all the above.  IMHO

#10 Mar-14-22 7:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

No blaming...the fact is that we have restricted producing domestic oil. We have lots of it but we like to use everyone else's 1st.

#11 Mar-14-22 7:37AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Actually, that's exactly what my cousin told me (he works for a big oil company).  It's a long term strategy to use everyone else's first.  It's been that way since the early 70's he told me.

#12 Mar-14-22 7:42AM

Ernie
Administrator

BTW, I on the hunt for a used (5 year old) V8 SUV. Demand had prices sky high but they are starting to fall because of the high price of gas. I just need them (SUV prices) to fall a bit more before I pull the trigger.

#13 Mar-14-22 7:49AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Roger that.  You have a preference on type of SUV?  I've seen some Lexux 470's I think they're called and Landcruisers.  We should see this collide happen soon.  If not....it would be a first...high gas and high gas guzzler prices! lol

#14 Mar-14-22 7:56AM

Ernie
Administrator

I am good with any V8 SUV but would not want the big tanks like the Suburban.

Tahoes, L-470s, Landcruisers all fit the bill.

#15 Mar-14-22 11:50AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

As gas goes up so does the supply of gas guzzlers for obvious reasons

The world should be your oyster soon Ernie

sometimes it's just greed factored in with all the above

That's a huge factor too. Prices are going up because they can ...

#16 Mar-14-22 12:55PM

Ernie
Administrator

I love oysters! lol

#17 Mar-15-22 4:54AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

I love oysters! lol

I do too, but hate shelling them.....tried that with a bushel from kent island and that was terrible.

#18 Mar-15-22 6:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

I do too, but hate shelling them.....tried that with a bushel from kent island and that was terrible.

Agreed...there is an art and you have to have the glove and the tool and work them right.

When I have a hankering, I wait for a Monday and go to Ford's Fish Shack. They do $1 oysters on Monday.

#19 Mar-15-22 8:33AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Yes!  Been there and it is good there!  If you're ever in the mood for shelling....or oystering let me know.  I know a guy on Kent who oysters and it's pretty fun to dredge and see what get's pulled up.  I have collected a few really nice stones from the Chesapeake and he has a few things in collection that he found over the years.  Like a tomahawk and such!!

#20 Mar-15-22 1:51PM

Ernie
Administrator

When we had our CCA banquets (pre Covid), we hired an oyster farmer to bring 500 of them to the event. Man, they were good! Hope to have that again in June.

#21 Mar-18-22 10:22AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

I vote you get one of the Toyotas! big_smile I might be a bit biased haha I have an LS430 (and previously an LS400). Not an SUV but still has a Toyota's bulletproof UZ-FE V8

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#22 Apr-03-22 4:13PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

I saw one of those LS400's up at MOAB

Impressive

Read this morning this administration wants to start mining for materials for batteries again.  If memory service Obummer stopped both mining and recycling batter material in the US because it's so toxic.  Read that miners in the boron mines in Africa die before they are 30 and the battery recycle plants in Mexico have a 40-50 percent cancer rate.  The reason for opening up mining was for the Administrations agenda of all electric cars.

No matter what the energy source there will be a foot print.

Gas in CA currently just passed $6/gallon for regular and premium is closing on on $7 gallon.  They are forecasting $10/gallon by summer.

Last edited by hookup (Apr-03-22 4:14PM)

#23 Apr-04-22 4:50AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

hookup wrote:

I saw one of those LS400's up at MOAB

Impressive

Read this morning this administration wants to start mining for materials for batteries again.  If memory service Obummer stopped both mining and recycling batter material in the US because it's so toxic.  Read that miners in the boron mines in Africa die before they are 30 and the battery recycle plants in Mexico have a 40-50 percent cancer rate.  The reason for opening up mining was for the Administrations agenda of all electric cars.

No matter what the energy source there will be a foot print.

Gas in CA currently just passed $6/gallon for regular and premium is closing on on $7 gallon.  They are forecasting $10/gallon by summer.

As much as I love california weather and healthy lifestyle while living there for many years, I'm glad I just visit there now.  But dang, I do miss that great mexican food and beach life.

#24 Apr-04-22 5:04AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Showing up on gas pumps everywhere here.............
https://i.imgur.com/Aaw8lYq.jpg

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#25 Aug-08-23 7:19AM

Ernie
Administrator

And it's still going up! mad

Board footer