Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-05-22 5:41PM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

AV Carp tournament

I know there are a few carp fanatics (Firemunkee) like me here. I was thinking it might be cool if we had a carp tournament some time in April or May?

I've spoken with Ernie about it in the past and we thought it might be fun.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Bass Hunter (Feb-05-22 7:30PM)

#2 Feb-06-22 4:30AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: AV Carp tournament

Any gathering to go fishing is always fun. However, I don't think we will have many participate as not too many folks read or post on the board anymore.

If you do a day event, be prepared for Pepe to show up in full force. Or you can have a month long event. Just don't know how many would participate. I know I don't have the patience to sit and wait like I've seen you do. The carp that have been caught in the past have either been foul hooked or someone got extremely lucky (think Lotto).

The few times that I have thrown a fly at a roaming carp it was met with the carp taking off. They are scared of their own shadow. I've often wondered what would happen if I actually hooked one as I usually am throwing a 4wt lol

I do see them, on occasion, feeding at the shore line. I supposed one could rig up a hook and blended in with the algae that they eat.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Feb-06-22 5:11AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

I caught 2 nice ones back in 2017 and 2018 while jigging a silver buddy at Pavilion.  Of course both were accidentally snagged...........but what a battle on light bass gear.
Link to 2017 beast:
http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/v … hp?id=7612

2018 beast
https://i.imgur.com/MT7qMhF.jpg

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#4 Feb-06-22 8:07AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

Ernie wrote:

Any gathering to go fishing is always fun. However, I don't think we will have many participate as not too many folks read or post on the board anymore.

If you do a day event, be prepared for Pepe to show up in full force. Or you can have a month long event. Just don't know how many would participate. I know I don't have the patience to sit and wait like I've seen you do. The carp that have been caught in the past have either been foul hooked or someone got extremely lucky (think Lotto).

The few times that I have thrown a fly at a roaming carp it was met with the carp taking off. They are scared of their own shadow. I've often wondered what would happen if I actually hooked one as I usually am throwing a 4wt lol

I do see them, on occasion, feeding at the shore line. I supposed one could rig up a hook and blended in with the algae that they eat.

@Ernie, I am on a mission to catch one in Cedar just to check off my bucket list. Been trying the past twenty years lol!

So far it is me and one other person. I would like to do a month long tournament in the spring just for fun of course. If i can get two or three more people it might be fun!

And Curly landed those grass carp really got me jealous!!😂

#5 Feb-08-22 8:39PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

It would be fun to have a little tourney going on for that. And then maybe Khanh can check that item off his bucket list lol. I most likely wouldn't be able to participate though because I'm still trying to figure out this parenting thing lol I definitely don't fish as much as I used to or would like to. When I do though y'all know about it tongue

Last edited by firemunkee (Feb-12-22 7:08AM)

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#6 Feb-09-22 6:16AM

Ernie
Administrator

I’ve watched Khahn sit under a mulberry tree (now gone thanks to HOA) for hours trying to catch one of these bad boys.

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Feb-09-22 12:03PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

The English have carp fishing techniques down to a science

I use to practice my backreel hooking large carp.

Board footer