Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-01-21 1:12PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Two PLO trips and no pics (sorry)

The pics got lost in my last web site snaffu.

Nov 4th
Arrive at ramp at 11:00 AM to a rather brisk wind from the NE. One fly guy and a spin guy. Took the sheltered side of Potomac and worked the rip rap along Cornfield Harbor. Still hoping the big reds
of last week are hanging out. They where not but we did get a pair of 27 inch convict bass right towards the tip of the point. Waves where busting over the point and it looked like I might have to hit the rip rap of the swimming beach. Tried a little run across the Potomac but the waves got stacked up some kinda big. Ran north on the sheltered side and found a big pod of convict bass. Pulled dozen from the pod and lost them. No birds nothing.. Tide had turned out and river laid down nice. Ran back to rip rap on swimming beach. And all hell broke out with birds and pelicans and cormorants. Chased birds till dark. Caught maybe 40 on fly and 50 on spinning gear. No reds..

Nov 13th

Wind forecast deteriorated as the week progressed so I called an audible. Capt Dave , my Charter and I did a dawn patrol and we left Fort Washington in the low light of dawn. Ran to rip at National Harbor and fished the last of the outgoing. Lots of marks but no takers. Ran south to Ft Belvoir wall and tossed some crank baits and an A-Rig. Then the screen lit up and out came the jigging spoons. Landed 7 feisty convict bass and a small catfish. Then nothin..tide died. All the fish where fat and short. Put really good fighters.
Back at dock 11:00am

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Dec-01-21 3:28PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Two PLO trips and no pics (sorry)

Whats a convict bass?

#3 Dec-01-21 3:51PM

Ernie
Administrator

hookup wrote:

Whats a convict bass?

It has stripes….like a convict.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Dec-02-21 6:01AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Good stuff. Glad to hear the striper bite is on!

tight lines

Board footer