Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-21-21 12:10PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Upper Potomac 11/21/21

I was hoping to hit the water before the river temps got too low with more cold weather coming.  I got on the river a little after 9am.  There was a guide waiting for his client at the ramp.  He was nice to give me plenty of room to put in.   Lots of leaves at the ramp. 

Water was a little over 2 feet at POR and still dropping.  Water was clear and cold.  Not a good combo for me.  I ran up to where I fished last time and the water was clear there also.  The sun was out for the first hour or so and then the clouds came in.  Water was 41.5 degrees where I checked it.  I was trying tubes, little swimbaits and a jerkbait.  I fished for a while and was concerned I might get skunked, but no!  I was drifting the tube behind a rock and a smallie grabbed it.  It was a 14.5"er and I was happy to get the skunk out.

https://i.imgur.com/0jk1dTa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MOipYLI.jpg

It bit on a new tube I just got.  They are double dipped green pumpkin with orange underneath.

The wind picked up a little and it got cold with the cloud cover.  After I ate my sandwich, I decided to head back early.  I was off the water around 1:30pm.

I saw some ducks and a turkey and bald eagle crossed the river near me.

Last edited by drxfish (Nov-21-21 12:11PM)

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Nov-21-21 12:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Upper Potomac 11/21/21

That cloud cover definitely made it feel colder today. Felt it while on my walk today.

No skunk is good.

Did the guide drive a jeep?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Nov-21-21 12:27PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Yes, that was him.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Nov-21-21 12:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Capt. Rich Johnson...very nice fella. Fishes the "O" for shad in the spring.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer