Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov-04-21 1:47PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

11-4 LKA Stripers and Birds

Birds started working 3 days ago, but had only been scratching out a keeper here and there due to a lot of smaller fish.  Today was different.  Doug and I got out a little before 1 pm and sat at the State Park until we saw some birds working.  Saw some birds nearly a mile away and blasted off to them.  It is a jigging game now.  Caught one nice keeper hybrid and a 18' throwback striper.  That was over in 10 minutes.   Sat again and waited........................seemed like forever.  Birds again at about 600 yds.......blast off again.  Get there and the sonar is pure spaghetti.  We both hook up and put two more keepers in the boat.  The fish evaporate from the sonar and side-scan.  We sit in that spot hoping they will show themselves nearby.  We blind cast for a while and I get lucky with a 24" striper..........4 in the cooler.  Finally we see birds working another mile away and head to them.  Doug hooks up another keeper and it goes in the box.  Now the birds are tired and just want to sit on the water.......so I motor through them to get them up, but they just fly a short distance and sit on the water again, and again, and again.  We decided to call it since the birds were tired. Ended up with 5 nice keepers, so it was a good day.
https://i.imgur.com/1emQeO7.jpg?1

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Nov-04-21 1:58PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 11-4 LKA Stripers and Birds

Sweet!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Nov-04-21 4:16PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice...looking forward to chasing (and catching) them with you in a couple of weeks!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Nov-04-21 4:43PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

Nice looking forward to chasing (and catching) them with you in a couple of weeks!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

Board footer