Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-18-21 9:41PM

CrankbaitGuy

Cedar Lake 7/18/21

Tested out the new kayak rack system and put my fishing yak in at Cedar in the middle of the day.  A dumb time to go in summer, but it's what I had open and there was occasional clouds and a steady breeze.  I also brought out my bait caster for the first time in 2 years.  It really showed, but I was able to get enough good casts off.  Picked up a LMB on my first cast with a green/purple Senko rigged conventionally.  Played around with wacky rigging and rigging from the tapered side without success.  Then switched to my favorite tactic of just throwing plugs all over the place.  After an hour and a half picked up two more on square billed crankbaits, one firetiger and the other purple. 

No great size, all three fish are 8-9" long.  Locations are obvious for midday summer: both crankbait fish hit within half a foot out from standing cattails, the senko fish was 8-10 feet out from shore on the bottom.  Good to shake the rust off and try the foam block "rack."  Hope I can get out some more on the yak.

#2 Jul-19-21 5:33AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cedar Lake 7/18/21

Congrats on getting out!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jul-19-21 6:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Cedar Lake 7/18/21

Curly has a couple of hundred dollars worth of jigs that were stolen by the concrete mountain between the fountain and the spill way.

Next time you go out, get near the fountain (will cool you off too) and drop a jig or spoon straight down. I'm hoping the big girls are still hiding down there.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer