Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-25-06 12:52PM

Ernie
Administrator

8-25-06 Potomac River (DC) report

For over a year, Gene Lyons and I have been trying to get out to go fishing. We would set up a time and something would come up or the weather would not cooperate.

So…we finally made it out on a day when the heat index was 95 at 2 PM. But we went fairly early to avoid the heat.

We put in at Reagan National Airport and headed right to the Washington Channel where I had not fished since November of 2004. We immediately started throwing top water baits but it was slow going. Finally, Gene got a he hit from a largemouth but he didn’t say on. At least we knew the fish were there. Nothing else materialized on top water.

We switched to wacky style worm fishing and Gene got in to a nice 2.5 lb largemouth. We boated the fish and took a quick picture. After that, things slowed down again.

By now, he sun was up and the fishing was going to get tougher so we trolled around a bit (to get a breeze) and a 13” striper hit a Rebel broken back (trusty old lure). We were just about to leave the area and a nice catfish hit the lure but he got off like they always try to do as he rolled around and slimed my line. Then a few minutes later, a nice 3+ lb bass hit and I got to bring him in. We made a last pass and that’s when we caught the 3 lb channel cat.

We then headed for Columbia Island marina but we had no takers and the sun had whipped us so we went on in.

Not a bad day of fishing with Gene!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer