Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-02-21 3:19PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

7-2 LKA Stripers

Have not posted in a while......so..............Got bored this afternoon and decided to fight the boat traffic while trolling for stripers.  I got rocked the entire time, but was determined.  First 2 fish were less than 12"......back into the lake.  About an hour later I get a good hit and manage to boat a 23+incher.  15 minutes later an 21+ incher makes his way into the boat.  Then a 19 inch short fish come over the gunnel.....and then back over the gunnel.  Not too bad for about 2 hours of fishing in the middle of the day on July 4th weekend.
https://i.imgur.com/yQoiwR3.jpg?1
Neighbor and I are going out early tomorrow morning before it REALLY GETS CRAZY on the lake.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Jul-02-21 3:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-2 LKA Stripers

You're nuts! But nice job getting some in that mess!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-02-21 3:35PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Determination!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Jul-03-21 10:42AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Neighbor Doug and I got out early before the boat traffic.  Doug had never caught a LKA striper.  We were pulling lures before the sun came up and water temp was 86.  One of the long rods goes down hard and he fights it for about 2 minutes until it comes off........oh well.  Finally get another good hit and he gets his first LKA striper into the boat.....a 21.5" keeper.  Doug is a big fella and makes that fish look small.
https://i.imgur.com/9z5ZzaZ.jpg
And that was it.  We got off the water before 9 because the crazy folks were already coming out of the woodwork.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#5 Jul-04-21 8:15PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Nice fish Curly, 4th definitely brings all sorts out. I went to Gravelly today at 10AM to take a quick ride with my kids around the Potomac to sight see, and cops had shut it down because the boat traffic was already insane.

Board footer