Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-01-21 2:42PM

Ernie
Administrator

6-1-21, out of "O"

June 1 already?

Bob and I were to meet early but traffic got him. Apparently, a crash in VA delayed him a bit but not by much. We were on the water by 7:30a and made the long no wake trek out of the Occoquan.

It was a tad chilly in the am (had to wear a fleece vest) and Bob called me names when I moaned about it.

The run to the creek was uneventful and we started fishing.

The tide was just getting ready to come in. The water was green but stained and the water temp was 68df. It would later get over 70df.

We tossed the kitchen sink at 'em for a long while. Bob got a couple of hits. Me? Nada.

We decided to go across the creek to where George and I had some success a few weeks back.  I kept saying...they are on wood. So I tossed  into a flat...and finally, at 10:45a, the skunk came off! This one fell to a wacky worm.

https://i.imgur.com/GOupbZ8.jpg

BTW, how do you like the new lids? Bob just got them and gifted me one of them. Cool, comfortable and they keep the ears from getting any sun.

We fished a bit more and then decided to go to where the snakeheads like to play. Very early into the drift (current was taking us up creek aided by a little wind), I thought I got snagged on wood (lots of fallen limbs where we were) but it thrashed and we were able to get her in. About 2.5lbs! Fell for a Havoc swim bait on a weighted belly hook.

https://i.imgur.com/PFftJz8.jpg

A few minutes later, Bob connected on a paddle tail swim bait. Between 2-2.5lbs. His skunk is now off.

https://i.imgur.com/pAG8gYL.jpg

We basically were catching 3 fish an hour if you only count that hour.

We fished a little later that I wanted as I had stuff do do but what the heck, we were out on the water. That always wins!

But once the tummies started growing (Bob kept talking about Brickmaker's brat), we called it around 1p and headed in.

At the dock, I talked to Danny Grulke who was out with 2 other formidable fishermen and they only caught a total of 4. They had brought their lunch so they couldn't join us.

You've seen the pics of their brats before. They were good...as always!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-01-21 3:41PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Re: 6-1-21, out of "O"

Nicely done, good you guys both got a fish, the cold snap really slowed things down.

#3 Jun-01-21 3:54PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Good to see you re-christened the SS Rojas!  Could have done much worse.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Jun-02-21 4:55AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

thanks ernie!  always great to see your reports.....and lunch! lol

#5 Jun-02-21 2:05PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice job.  Especially on the 2nd bass.

Board footer