Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-22-21 8:53AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Little Seneca Lake 5/22/21

Took my dad out to LSL at 4PM, surprisingly when I got there the lower lot wasn't full and the ramp was clear. Last year at this time when everything shut down this place was a madhouse. Water temp has jumped about from 68-71 to the mid 70's 2 weeks ago. The plan was to fish large flats for roaming fish and post spawners. The first nook we hit didn't have much action, but I saw a 4lb+ cruising a drop off and told my dad to not cast to the bank, but to cast to the dark edge drop offs. He got a few bites but nothing hooked up. This nook was close to the boat ramp and a small fleet of kayakers proceed to come into it and so we leave, somehow they always seem to know where I want to fish and paddle right over those spots.

Then I planned to go past the Rt 121 bridge, to get away from the recreational yakers. I put in some new TM batteries to give me more time out on this lake and wanted to see if they could make long runs here. That plan worked out, both fishing and battery wise. With the water temps up, I threw a popper most of the time and pulled 4 near wood. This was the biggest of them, a post spawner at about 2lbs, the rest were small juvies under 1lb.

https://i.imgur.com/pWKYiAjl.jpg

My dad didn't really catch much other than trees with his lures...He lost a few lures and was pretty frustrated, I think he's looking forward to fishing pads and grass more at Mattawoman. But I brought some beer on the boat and he was happy to have a couple with me so that made it a great evening.

#2 May-22-21 8:58AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Little Seneca Lake 5/22/21

Good outing!  This can be a tough time.  Post spawn mostly and clear water.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 May-22-21 10:45AM

Ernie
Administrator

Junger wrote:

But I brought some beer on the boat and he was happy to have a couple with me so that made it a great evening.

Classic!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 May-22-21 2:19PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Junger wrote:

.......My dad didn't really catch much other than trees with his lures....

The nickname "Tree Daddy" has already been given to someone here at LKA lol .  Nice report and being able to get your dad out with you!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

Board footer