Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-18-21 5:57PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 5/18/21

The plan was to head out early and be home by 1PM for an incoming tide bite, we got to the ramp by 7:30AM and there was only 1 other trailer in the lot. Love this view:
https://i.imgur.com/HlaVJ94l.jpg

The pads actually looked pretty good, but I can't say that the water color, it was double mocha latte. I hope this warm spell jump starts the hydrilla to help clear it up some. Water near the main creek was 71, so I tried a popper...no bites but saw lots of fish being pushed. I think I saw a few fry balls as well.
https://i.imgur.com/QJgzxGKl.jpg

This was up Horseman's creek, carp and gar were spawning all over the place and making a huge racket. This video doesn't have the sound, but they were creating large enough wakes to disturb that little creek back behind the grass.
https://imgur.com/METzhGz

We ran up toward the head of the creek and hit the wood stumps and beaver huts that I usually have some luck on, but got nothing other than 1 bite that took the tail off my keitech paddletail. Water up here was 68.

I decided to look for cleaner water and headed toward the big pond, but the water was the same, 2" visibility. We ran to the back edge to try some wood but didn't see any activity. It was about Noon and then headed back in. No fish, but it was still a great day to be out with my dad. Also since it was pretty slow, I decided to record some iTracks with the Ultrex, neat feature which I hope to use a lot.

Last edited by Junger (May-19-21 6:24AM)

#2 May-19-21 5:11AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Mattawoman 5/18/21

When the carp make a racket, it sounds like waves crashing at the beach.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-19-21 6:15AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Ernie wrote:

I texted Capt Mike, it sounded like small caliber rifles going off because of the echo'ing off the cliff walls.

#4 May-20-21 4:38AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

And they are so aggressive pushing through the grass it sounds like a dog fight!  It's always fun to see them push through.  I'll bring some bread bait when I go just in case I want to have a fight if nothing else bites!

#5 May-22-21 5:38AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

We saw 40 lbers frolicking up in National Harbor by the hundreds..even pushed the boat one time.

Capt mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer