Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-18-21 4:41AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Little Seneca 5/17

Decided to do a last minute outing with a friend at Lake Seneca yesterday. Launched his boat at 10:30am and fished until 1:30pm. Absolutely gorgeous day...partly cloudy, 70 degrees, water temp 68 degrees, and wind was 0-2mph. We don't know the lake very well so we did a lot of movement and lure changes. Nothing in deep water or at the (many) deep shoreline drop-offs. We did find some fish in shallow flats near the shore. We caught 4 species--largemouths, crappie, yellow perch, and bluegills--but nothing big enough to brag about or take pictures. Bass seemed to be cruising around looking for spawning areas. Water was extremely clear. It was great to be on the water on such a beautiful day.

#2 May-18-21 4:57AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Little Seneca 5/17

Yellow perch stand in as one of my favorites! Nice day out fo' sure!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-18-21 6:10AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Cool multi species outing on a nice day!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 May-18-21 8:36AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Bruce wrote:

nothing big enough to brag about or take pictures

But you caught fish and enjoyed the water & beautiful day

Awesome

#5 May-18-21 11:28AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Nice, water there is almost always clear. I took the kids cruising there Last Friday and also saw lots of largies cruising flats. That place can be feast or famine, glad you got some!

#6 May-19-21 3:36AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Odd thing about the biggest bass of the day. I was using a very small Beatle Spin that was perfect for crappie on an ultralight rod with 4lb. test line. Then I thought I'd snagged up on the retrieve...until it started to move. Water was so clear it was easy to see a nice largemouth on the line...probably around 3lbs. As I gently brought it toward the boat, she broke my line. I guess I wasn't doing it gently enough. Oh well...she's still there for the next person to get. And if she still has my Beatle Spin, let me know LOL).

Board footer