Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-26-08 11:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

8-26-08, "some" river report

Doug "Old Man" Errett said he only had 4 bites in 4 hours but they counted!! He fished some local river...unknown location. But I do have his report!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big girl below was on spinning rod (watermelon tube).

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/biggirl.jpg

I also got a 15" on the fly rod and missed two other decent fish that just plain spit the hook...they weren't as big as the girl in the photo though. 

FINALLY broke 20", she was all of that plus some more, maybe 21" but I'm gonna call her 20.5" and 4+ pounds.  Went round the yak twice and a couple of big jumps, I can not believe I landed her.

I've never broken 20" on a smallmouth before, although I've got loads of 18" and 19" fish...seriously, I wonder if a 7-wt is enough rod for fish of this size.  What an amazing amazing fight.  They NEVER give up.

Was in some big fish water I got some intel about, have fished it once before but not in 5+ years...one of those places where ya don't get many bites at all, but when ya do BE READY!!

I just keep smiling thinking about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a fish....way to go Doug!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-26-08 5:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8-26-08, "some" river report

That is a beautiful smallie....that may have been an easy paddle back!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-26-08 5:25PM

The Old Man

Thanks for posting Ernie...you are right Curly, there are some nice walleye in there and some HUGE catfish as well....I was DOWNSTREAM of where you think I was, but still in the gorge.

Daddy needs quiet time...

#4 Aug-27-08 4:54AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Those are some beautiful colors on that smallie! Keep it up!

Board footer