Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-13-21 2:24PM

Ernie
Administrator

1-13-21, UP

What a difference a year makes. Last January 13, John and I fished and per my report, "water temps hovered around 46df". Today, water temps were 37.2 to 38.5! Huge difference!!

If you wanna see pics of fish, you can stop reading here!  lol

Anyway, George and I splashed the boat at 10a and this time we motored up river. Today, it was about 5-6df less cold than Monday at he same time so the ride up was very doable. Plus...we had sun!

We went up past Lander to "Penrod's Pond"...I really hate calling it that but it's an area with deep water behind and exposed ledge.

https://i.imgur.com/p3dYlrx.jpg

As we stared fishing, I realized that I left all my tackle at home. All I had was what was on my 4 rods. George was at the ready to lend me some tackle. He knows a guy that makes some good jigs etc!  cool

The stick fish were not as active as Monday but we had many a moment of hoping a stick was a fish!

https://i.imgur.com/0UOpIhi.jpg

As we moved on down rive river, zig zagging often, we fishing deep, eddies, rocks, shallow...you name it! Not a bite...except many rock and stick ticks.

Well, now it was time to eat lunch. George makes world class sammies!!

https://i.imgur.com/NHvsh7Z.jpg

YES! They are THAT good!

Pastrami, corned beef, Havarti cheese, grey poupon, lettuce, tomato and onion.

https://i.imgur.com/egdVNof.jpg

These guys came by but we never heard a shot...

https://i.imgur.com/4YTfhGe.jpg

Just before 3p...we called it!

https://i.imgur.com/yruEUAP.jpg

We never got cold...it was really nice out and we told a bunch of stories! Excellent mental health day!!

As well, I only lost 2 lures but it was towards the end so I just used my other already loaded rods.

As we took out, I asked George to back the trailer up (after I brought it down the ramp) so I could retrieve the boat. As he backed down, you would think he was drunk! Talk about jack knifing the trailer! I was hollerin' for him to straighten it out but apparently, he was distracted. Something about a tatoo??? tongue

We did get to retrieve the boat safely after he came to his senses.

We laughed about it all the way home!

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jan-13-21 2:33PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 1-13-21, UP

Glad the day was fun.  Too bad about the fish.  George seems to get distracted easily! hmm LOL

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jan-13-21 2:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

drxfish wrote:

Too bad about the fish.

I think it's more like, "too bad about the lack of fish". Sad...or we suck!

Granted, the water was very cold but...

#4 Jan-13-21 3:31PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Yes, that is a problem that seems to be continuing.

#5 Jan-13-21 3:33PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Distracted?  Tatto?  Only George ;-). I told Linda and she had a good laugh

In Ernie's first pix, there's an ice flower hanging off the log in the middle of the pix.  The sun hit it like a prism.  That was cool.

The day was full of laughs and good stories.  Lunch did not lack meat.  Saw bald eagles, cooper hawks, great blue herons, and even a mini-white miller hatch.  Both of us needed the river time.  Best medicine out for getting your head together

I'm a bit sore, sunburned - we forgot the sun screen - tired, but have a healthy glow and ready for tomorrow

Would have been nice to catch something other than sticks but days like today balance out the the days when you have a bite on every cast

#6 Jan-13-21 4:48PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

This year was supposed to warmer than last year I thought.

#7 Jan-13-21 6:36PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Who are you and what did you do with warm weather Ernie? lol

#8 Jan-14-21 5:43AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I needed this Ernie and George!  I laughed so hard reading...."fish pics....stop reading here" and the calamity between lures, sticks, and trailer.  We'll all have to hear about the tattoo.  Just reminds me of someone I knew.  Whenever we would talk she would out of nowhere be distracted "oh...a squirrel!!!, a bird!!!" lmao!

#9 Jan-14-21 6:13AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Forgot to add, there was Swiss cheese on the sandwich too

About the tattoo - just some young thing distracted me backing the trailer down the ramp.  I think she was showing off her new tattoo. I jack knifed the trailer.  The tattoo was real low on her back.  REAL low!

#10 Jan-14-21 6:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

Paul Naj wrote:

Who are you and what did you do with warm weather Ernie?

Mental toughness and good clothing!

hookup wrote:

About the tattoo - just some young thing distracted me backing the trailer down the ramp.  I think she was showing off her new tattoo. I jack knifed the trailer.  The tattoo was real low on her back.  REAL low!

At POR, the C & O path runneth by the ramp lot. Many bikers, hikers, runners etc. use it. There is a stretching station at the top of the ramp. The young lady, who was in shorts, was stretching (not that we noticed) and apparently, a couple of friends came over and she was exited about showing her new ink...just as George was backing up the trailer. Mind you, he only had to back it up for 20-30 feet since I had already brought it down most of the way and still managed to jack knife it!! MAJOR distraction!

You know what they say about fishing, you won't know unless you go!

#11 Jan-14-21 8:17AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

It isn't a report with a picture of George's sandwiches! And that tattoo story lollollollollol

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#12 Jan-16-21 2:01PM

Ernie
Administrator

Ernie wrote:

I think it's more like, "too bad about the lack of fish". Sad....

This is what an UP (our area) smallie guide just posted on Instagram: "If fishing for crappie is your favorite type of fishing then contact X Guide Service for your next crappie fishing trip".

#13 Jan-16-21 3:09PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Hey, I would go for those if no bass biting.

Board footer