Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-21-20 12:40PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Swapping out console fish fisnder

So, I have had a Lowrance Hook Tripleshot 12" on my console for over 2.5 years now.  It worked great, but not the sensitivity I was hoping for since I'm on the water almost every day.  Pulled it off the boat and installed a 9" Lowrance TI 2 that has all the same features (GPS, sonar, downscan, and sidescan) but uses a different transducer.  Terrible PIA pulling that new transducer cable up to the console, but eventually got it done with the help of a fishing buddy.  Ran around the upper part of the lake for maybe 10 minutes and can definitely tell the difference.  Will post some pics later on when fishing.........

Oh yeah, I anyone wants to upgrade their 7 or 9" Lowrance Hook to a 12", let me know for a decent price........

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Dec-21-20 1:28PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Swapping out console fish fisnder

Nice...for what I do (smallies, shad, white perch, pickles), I rarely use the Fish Finder capabilities of my Hooks. I rely on mine for depth and water temps.

That 12" Hook is a nice system!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jan-05-21 8:54AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Swapping out console fish fisnder

I am on my third transducer now. The metal bracket is the best choice instead of the plastic one. I now have two Elite Ti2 12 inch models. Also extra transducer and mounting hardware..
At about 48 mph the plastic ducer mount broke into many pieces. So I added a support bracket made from aluminum to help support the new metal mount since every trip it almost ripped the mounting screws out. It runs 1/2 inch below the edge of the boat and puts a lot of pressure on it running. But I can read the bottom at 48 mph now.

Do the upgrade to 20.1 to get the new live features. And now works better with Mercury engines.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer