Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-09-20 1:28PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

LKA Stripers 12-9

Scott and I got out for 2.5 hrs this afternoon, due to a short window of opportunity.  I had found fish yesterday, but couldn't get a hit.  So......I switched up to all chartreuse/green deep diving crankbaits for today.  Fish were still in the general area, but very stained water.  We ended up with 4 nice keepers 21-23 inches and all fat.  Threw back one short fish.  Lines came in at 3:15, but bet we could have put 4 more keepers in the boat if we could have stayed until dark.
https://i.imgur.com/wyAIxBh.jpg
Scott got to practice his filleting skills on 2 more fish and is getting the hang of it big_smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Dec-09-20 2:58PM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Re: LKA Stripers 12-9

Nice, I'm sure you're gonna slay them tomorrow and Friday too with a nice little warm up.

#3 Dec-09-20 4:27PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Great looking fish!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Dec-10-20 4:28AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Impressive curly!  The only fishing I can do during the winter is trout.  Boat is already put up for winter.  Don't get me wrong....I can do more fishing, but really don't want to freeze my butt off sitting around waiting for a bite.  Trout fishing lets me walk the stream!

#5 Dec-10-20 5:55AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

............but really don't want to freeze my butt off sitting around waiting for a bite...........

lol lol Just ask Ernie.....no sitting around in the boat for me.  Probably walk a mile within the boat in a couple hours.  Went with Ernie up in PA with a guide for smallies several years ago.....and they made fun of me walking all over his boat that day!

#6 Dec-10-20 6:33AM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

Just ask Ernie.....no sitting around in the boat for me.  Probably walk a mile within the boat in a couple hours.  Went with Ernie up in PA with a guide for smallies several years ago.....and they made fun of me walking all over his boat that day!

We went out with Dave Shindler, great guy and great guide. His guide boat is a massive jet with a "walking path" on the gunnels. Dave got dizzy watching Curly walk the plank all day!

This story still gets told...will never die!

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Dec-10-20 6:48AM

Ernie
Administrator

Trout fishing lets me walk the stream!

Locally? Is it a hike that a double knee replaced guy can do?

Time to go fishin' again!

#8 Dec-11-20 4:46AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

fairly local at star tannery!  I don't see why a double knee guy couldn't do it.  You have newer knees than anyone else!

#9 Dec-11-20 4:47AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Curly wrote:

............but really don't want to freeze my butt off sitting around waiting for a bite...........

lol lol Just ask Ernie.....no sitting around in the boat for me.  Probably walk a mile within the boat in a couple hours.  Went with Ernie up in PA with a guide for smallies several years ago.....and they made fun of me walking all over his boat that day!

Why can I see this so easily in my head?  I knew there was always a funny twitch/OCD story!

#10 Dec-11-20 1:10PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Only one keeper this morning...............
https://i.imgur.com/SXQ4QhH.jpg

Board footer