Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-20-08 11:05AM

Ernie
Administrator

8-20-08, Cedar Lake report

I had a couple of hours early this AM before a doctor’s appointment so I splashed the kayak in search of Bubba!! The morning weather was spectacular....perfect!

I initially headed over to the north shore just east of the lily pads. I had three rods rigged up: 1. Spinning combo, 5" wacky worm w/ no weight 2. Spinning combo, 3/8 oz jig w/ soft plastic 3. Casting combo, 1/2 oz bullet weight on top of  3/0 hook w/ 5"wacky worm. I did change to a Texas rig using a Kinami Nories bug and caught a couple that way. As well, I caught one on a tube usually reserved for smallie fishing.

Rig #1 produced a couple of dinks near the shore but rig # 3 was the winner with most fish and heaviest fish! One of the larger fish appeared to be sick! hmm

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0906.jpg

This one gave me the best fight; he must have some smallie blood in him! big_smile

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/IMGP0907.jpg

In the 2 hours that I fished, I caught 13 bass up to 15". Most were between 11-14" and only 2 were in the 10" or less category. cool

No Bubba today but I did have a couple of tugs that could have been nice bass. Most of the fish were caught in deeper water between the spillway and the fountain or between the north shore and the fountain.

Next time I get some time, I will yak back and try a drop shot....I think that is the ticket as they are deep as Curly has stated!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-20-08 11:12AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 8-20-08, Cedar Lake report

Which way is the north shore? (Closer to your house or the cottons house?)

#3 Aug-20-08 11:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

OK Charlie...time for a lesson. The sun comes up on the east and on Cedar, that would be where the dam is (and where you usually park).

So, knowing that, you can figure out the rest. This is something that you need to absolutely be in touch with if you are boating or kayaking.

It always looks like this, once you know where one direction is, you can figure out the rest:

N

W       E

S

Assume that Cedar Lake is right in the middle of all the letters, where is my house and where is Mikey's? The hint is that the "E" is where the dam is.

ER

#4 Aug-20-08 12:16PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Your house is west and his is northeast.

#5 Aug-20-08 12:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

redskinsfan360 wrote:

Your house is west and his is northeast.

I would say that is about right....

#6 Aug-22-08 6:47AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Here is another lesson. The sun only rises directly in the east and sets directly in the west twice a year. Any guesses which two days this occurs on? It rhymes with the smirst day of spring and the smirst day of fall. At all other times, especially on the first day of winter and the first day of summer, the angle of rise and set is off of due east or west. As we move towards the winter, the sun is moving south and towards that exact east/west angle.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#7 Aug-22-08 7:56AM

skvan

Hahaha I can not believe there is a thread here explaining which way is which on a compass and which direction the sun rises from..too funny

When I was like 5 I was taught to remember the point of the compass by 'Never Eat Shredded Wheat'
Damn horrid stuff, like eating a bail of straw if you ask me..and not very tasty straw at that.

Nasty sore in that top pic hmm

Skvan

Board footer